Don't delete text if automatically logging user out of forum

Got a great idea for the future of LMMS? Post it here.
Forum rules

Make sure to search to see if your idea has been posted before! Check our issue tracker as well, just to make sure you are not posting a duplicate: https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues

The forums automatically log you out after a while.

Lets say you are typing something. Then when you click submit it might ask you to log in again. After you log in again the text is gone. I think it would be better if the text was not deleted.
Rakso wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:39 pm
I think it would be better if the text was not deleted.
That is technically not possible. If you loose connection during a session, the session is gone!
I however never have experienced that
The board annoyingly locks out even after selecting 'keep-me-logged-in", but during a session, never. I think it may be your own isp provider, that has a session issue. It is not general.
musikbear wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:58 pm
Rakso wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:39 pm
I think it would be better if the text was not deleted.
That is technically not possible. If you loose connection during a session, the session is gone!
I however never have experienced that
The board annoyingly locks out even after selecting 'keep-me-logged-in", but during a session, never. I think it may be your own isp provider, that has a session issue. It is not general.
Hmm, interesting.
I didn't realize that it could be a connection issue (however I have never selected "keep me logged in"). I though the forum just had an automatic log out feature that logs you out after some time has passed (same as an online bank website, for example).
Maybe it could be possible if the forum saved what you wrote temporarily in the cache on the web browser, so that you could re-access it after you logged in again? Anyway I'm not a programmer so I don't know how desirable, or easy to implement such a feature would actually be.

It didn't seem like a network issue because I was using other websites and doing stuff on my computer and then I returned to the forum later to write something (the website had been open on my computer for a while), which is when it happened (and it has happened many times before).

I understand though that this probably is not a priority for devs :)
Rakso wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:08 pm
Maybe it could be possible if the forum saved what you wrote temporarily in the cache on the web browser, so that you could re-access it after you logged in again?
Yes, that is called a session-cookie, but at least this forum does technically not support persistent session-cookies, so the second you log out, the session is gone! But if you by mistake open an other website over your session, you can actually use the 'Go-backwards' button in your browser, and then your session is recreated from the session-cookie, but log-out, and the session is gone!
I understand though that this probably is not a priority for devs :)
Ohh this nothing at all to do with lmms' devs. This is solely a message-board 'issue', but try the 'stay-logged-in' feature, then you should at least not be thrown out during a session ..i hope :|