Drag and drop

Got a great idea for the future of LMMS? Post it here.
Forum rules

Make sure to search to see if your idea has been posted before! Check our issue tracker as well, just to make sure you are not posting a duplicate: https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues

Hi guys,

I would like to share some ides for impruvment of the LMMS.

My idea is to have more options while dragging mouse while keeping the left button pressed. Like for example in piano roll, to determine the lenght of the note while keeping the left button pressed and dragging the mouse. Reason is working like this if I am correct.

Samo for the percussions, in Beat+Bassline editor, to be able to drag and make more fast editing for 1/16 notes for example, not needing to click on each one individually. One swipe over the buttons while keeping the button pressed to activate them would be much faster.

The same for the automation editor, dragging the mouse while button is pressed to speed up the automation editing.

For other thing, it would be nice to be able to make triplets in beats+bass editor without going to piano roll. For each bar to have something like triplets button to enable triplets (and sixplets if they are called like that, double the speed of triplets) when needed, ore something like that.

Also on the mixer, the master output to have global pan knob.

It would be cool also if program could recognize all connected midi controllers without the need of restarting the program if controller is plugged after the program started.

The options to copy and paste instrument FX would save a lot of time also when we need to add same fx to some instrument or sample we allready have on other.

Other than that, I would really like to thank all guys contributing to this great DAW program, one big thank you!
invain wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:18 pm
Hi guys,
Hi, Welcome to the Forum invain !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions

I would like to share some ides for impruvment of the LMMS.
They are fine, and most of them are already suggested before :p
Except the drag-drawing -and ye.. i do see your point, but then again, it is not a 'game-changing' way to edit, but it is noted.
Sorry, I did not check that most of this is already requested. I am glad it is, it means someone is also thinking alike :) I am really excied if any of that would be implemented to future updates. I still did not find a reason to switch to any commercial DAW with LMMS good as it is now.
Considering the drag-drawing...it is not a game-changer for sure but it is intuitive and fast. Would be a nice improvement :)