Bezier curve for sound envelope

Got a great idea for the future of LMMS? Post it here.
Forum rules

Make sure to search to see if your idea has been posted before! Check our issue tracker as well, just to make sure you are not posting a duplicate: https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues

Hi,

I have a new idea for sound envelope. In instrument plugins, we have delay, attack, hold, decay, sustain and release. In ZynAddSubFX, we can customize envelope, but make curves is impossible. So, I think it's a good idea to have possibility to implement Bezier curve. Backward compatibility could be consider, and more possibilities for audio production.

Thank you.

benbou92
benbou92 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:40 am
In ZynAddSubFX, we can customize envelope
Njov... within the restraints!
implement Bezier envelope curve.
if max still is 100% and min 0%, then ..doable i think, but i cant see serious strong usecases for it
LMMS currently only has linear envelopes, which is an absolute sin. Exponential envelopes sound better in almost every scenario.
If a change like this were to be made, I suggest we make it behave like the Slope knob in Monstro's envelopes.
Douglas wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:47 pm
LMMS currently only has linear envelopes
No, the dials in the envelope can be shifted to logarithmic -right-click and choose set-logarithmic
musikbear wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:48 pm
Douglas wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:47 pm
LMMS currently only has linear envelopes
No, the dials in the envelope can be shifted to logarithmic -right-click and choose set-logarithmic
No, nothing is changed, just scale of buttons. At begining, I told you about bezier curve, because we could have more possibilities about volume enveloppe, filter enveloppe, etc. Check ZynAddSubFX enveloppe for example https://i.imgur.com/jC9yzHm.gifv Here, we can use many points before sustain and after sustain. Yellow bar is sustain. I didn't mentionned, but if you click on L button, we could pass from logarithmic to linear enveloppe. I'm just telling you that if we could use curves or Bezier curves for enveloppes, we could adjust the sound more precisely. Not only the ZynAddSubFX, but in others instruments plugins.

Regards...

benbou92