Ok sample cutting is a must for next update

Got a great idea for the future of LMMS? Post it here.
Forum rules

Make sure to search to see if your idea has been posted before! Check our issue tracker as well, just to make sure you are not posting a duplicate: https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues

I am tired of lmms not being about to cut samples right and have to cut them all with another program like audacity. When you make the sample shorter it should end at the specific area that is shorten too. This makes it almost impossible working with drum loops or voices or even trap mixes that uses sample slicing with programs such as ableton live for one thing.

Thanks again for the awesome work guys though but just something I had to get off my chest about the lack of attention this subject seems to be having.
Hopefully Ill see it in 1.2 or sooner updates.
Hang in there man, they're working really hard on it. Possibly that and many more features will come with the release of ML Studio 1.2 erm I mean LMMS 1.2.x :DD
you do know about the start/end-point in AFP ?
I can select any part of a loop with no struggle at all?
Not 'cut', but selected

Slicing can be done with some vsts, but afaik, none has logic slicing & distribution over octaves.
If you are on windows, i believe you can use one of the plugins, mentioned in a thread from last month ..
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1638
or
viewtopic.php?t=1770&p=8526
-but get familiar with AFP! Ask here if you need to
Thanks again for the awesome work guys though but just something I had to get off my chest about the lack of attention this subject seems to be having.
Hopefully Ill see it in 1.2 or sooner updates.
Sorry, but this feature will not be available for 1.2.

A bit of a disclaimer.... I felt the same way about the lack of some basic features about 2 years ago, so I started helping with bugs where I could to help build momentum for the items I wasn't qualified to code. Well, 2 years later I'm about half way through my wish list. It's a lot of work. :)

P.S. The bug report you should probably watch is #1471 namely the section that says "Resize Sample Track from both sides". But venting about it will only get it so far... We really need more coders to help out. If you know any, send them our way.
-Tres
I know of a few programmers cause I do music for game developers now. But I think most of them are busy with their own game. I'll ask one programmer I know might be inclined to join in. Not sure I think he does programming for a living and he is a hardcore linux fan so. Might be able to give you guys some time here and there who knows I'll ask him. Sorry for the venting though it was just a bit of a pain to not be able to slice and move those samples in and out like most DAWs of today can do. I have a fruity loop subscription registered and all that. payed my 100 bucks for that first version thing. But I'm running linux right now and have to wait for a second hard drive to get windows (paid licensed one of course) going on there as well. So hopefully I'll be able to get it going and all that without the need for windows. Anyways thanks again for the follow up guys really appreciate it. Also you guys know if the voices in looperman is most of them copyrighted or safe to release or something for sales or free. I'll have to ask around cause I can't sing lol

Thanks again.
Sorath