Improvement idea - Idée d'amelioration

Got a great idea for the future of LMMS? Post it here.
Forum rules

Make sure to search to see if your idea has been posted before! Check our issue tracker as well, just to make sure you are not posting a duplicate: https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues

--translate google--
Improvement idea
Hello. I have some ideas to improve the software:- Facilitate the import and export of midi loops with indication of base note (A or C for example), measure at 3, 4 or more beats and adaptation to the project tempo.- Compatibility with Android and IISO- Ability to record automation using analog joystick controllers (for example) during playback and recording.- Track filters (track folders and tags) for large projects- The loops and basslines creator to create and import also piano roll tracks of loops for indicating to play in loop such track for x time then such track for x time.

--Texte original (French)--
Idée d'amelioration
Bonjour. J'ai quelques idées pour ammeliorer le logiciel:
- Faciliter l'importation et l'exportation de boucles midi avec indication de note de base (la ou do par exemple), mesure a 3, 4 temps ou plus et adaptation au tempo du projet.
- Compatibilité avec Android et IISO
- Possibilité d'enregistrer l'automation a l'aide de joystick analogiques de manettes (par exemple) pendant la lecture et l'enregistrement.
- Filtres de pistes (dossiers de pistes et tags) pour les gros projets
- Le créateur de boucles et lignes de basse pour créer et importer également des pistes piano roll de boucles pour indiques de jouer en boucle tel piste pendant x temps puis tel piste pendant x temps.
First off, Welcome to the Forum Musclor13 !
Here are all important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
Musclor13 wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:48 pm
--translate google--
Improvement idea
Hello. I have some ideas to improve the software:- Facilitate the import and export of midi loops with indication of base note (A or C for example), measure at 3, 4 or more beats and adaptation to the project tempo.- Compatibility with Android and IISO- Ability to record automation using analog joystick controllers (for example) during playback and recording.- Track filters (track folders and tags) for large projects- The loops and basslines creator to create and import also piano roll tracks of loops for indicating to play in loop such track for x time then such track for x time.
Some of the things you mentions is properly never going to happen.
Support for Android ao other OS is an enormous work, and the project are short of devs..
The base-note should always be A4. That is a kind of standard in DAW
Other measure signatures are already implemented
Read: https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=To ... e_Controls
Support for joysticks is not normal for DAWs. -You do know that you can record analogue movements of dials already?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKdfLZgD0C0&t=2s
For filtering parts of projects, we have some ideas, but for now, i recommend you to make notes in project-notes, about project-structure
Loops import in bassline-creator (B&B) in some kind 'will come' . Not Scheduled.
--Google Translate--
Ok. I'll look at the links.
If I am talking about a joystick, it is for those who have a video game controller but no DJ tables or frames.
I don't speak English so I use google to translate. Sorry.
Goodbye, I hope to have helped the project a little.
On the other hand, the name of the software can be confusing since I use it on Windows 10 :D .

--Original text--
Ok. Je regarderais les liens.
Si je parle de joystick c'est pour ceux qui ont une manette de jeux vidéos mais pas de tables de DJ ou de cadrants.
Je ne parle pas anglais donc j'utilise google pour traduire. Désolé.
Au revoir.j'éspère avoir un peu aider le projet.
Par contre le nom du logiciel peu porter a confusion vu que je l'utilise sur Windows 10 :D .
Musclor13 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:31 pm
On the other hand, the name of the software can be confusing since I use it on Windows 10 :D .
Hehe.. Nahh that is done thing :) LMMS is an acronym. One way to reas it is "El-eM-MentS Elements, because it is modular and consists of Elements.
The "old name" has now gone voldemort" -Eg Should no longer be spoken :D
musikbear wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:09 pm
Hehe.. Nahh that is done thing :) LMMS is an acronym. One way to reas it is "El-eM-MentS Elements, because it is modular and consists of Elements.
The "old name" has now gone voldemort" -Eg Should no longer be spoken :D
As "Fruity Loops" became "FL Studio". ;)