Tempo Automation Inconvenience

Got a great idea for the future of LMMS? Post it here.
Forum rules

Make sure to search to see if your idea has been posted before! Check our issue tracker as well, just to make sure you are not posting a duplicate: https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues

So I tried automation for the first time and I discovered how tedious using the tempo automation was. Every time I wanted to change the tempo I had to scroll all the way down to the bottom. I'm sure there's a few people who likes the wide range, however for the regulars I believe many don't go beyond 300bpm.
How about when you open the tempo automation track it starts at the bottom so that people don't have to scroll all the way down? This way it's more convenient to use the tempo automation and those that use the extremes still have those super high tempos.
urufu wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:32 am
So I tried automation for the first time and I discovered how tedious using the tempo automation was. Every time I wanted to change the tempo I had to scroll all the way down to the bottom. I'm sure there's a few people who likes the wide range, however for the regulars I believe many don't go beyond 300bpm.
How about when you open the tempo automation track it starts at the bottom so that people don't have to scroll all the way down? This way it's more convenient to use the tempo automation and those that use the extremes still have those super high tempos.
sorry i dont understand 'scrolling to the bottom'
Where and what are you scrolling?
Automating BMP is actually a 'bad' thing. What you musically should do, is the change size and positions of notes
It may be bad, but I like using it as a gimmick.

Basically when you are zoomed in to 100% vertically every time I open the automation track it starts at 999, so I have to scroll to the 50~250 range.
urufu wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:28 pm
when zoomed in to 100% vertically every time I open the automation track it starts at 999, so I have to scroll to the 50~250 range.
Oh, thats not an issue, thats just because you use it 'wrong'.
If you First Change the value in the roll-box to the value you want, and drag that value into the automation-track, then set vertical-magnification to 25% you start at the selected value, and have less 'span' to cover
Try that :)