Beat/bassline track import and export

Got a great idea for the future of LMMS? Post it here.
Forum rules

Make sure to search to see if your idea has been posted before! Check our issue tracker as well, just to make sure you are not posting a duplicate: https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues

It would be convenient to have a feature to export and import beat/bassline tracks only.
For context and example, I've made a track that sounds rather bad, but the beat sounds very good. I would like to use this beat in another track where I feel it would fit. I could save each and every kick instrument as a preset in a folder and try to copy the exact pattern in the beat/bassline editor along with volume in the new track, but that is very inconvenient.
So, there needs to be an option to export beat/bassline independently and import it into a track.
Alternatively, there could be a way of importing ANY beat/bassline into a track, by giving the option of Import beat/bassline > Select project > Select beat/bassline, thus eliminating the requirement for exporting being the only way to import.
To confirm, I don't mean timing of track, only instruments and beat placement along with volume.
Monospace wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 10:14 am
It would be convenient to have a feature to export and import beat/bassline tracks only.
For context and example, I've made a track that sounds rather bad, but the beat sounds very good. I would like to use this beat in another track where I feel it would fit. I could save each and every kick instrument as a preset in a folder and try to copy the exact pattern in the beat/bassline editor along with volume in the new track, but that is very inconvenient.
So, there needs to be an option to export beat/bassline independently and import it into a track.
Alternatively, there could be a way of importing ANY beat/bassline into a track, by giving the option of Import beat/bassline > Select project > Select beat/bassline, thus eliminating the requirement for exporting being the only way to import.
To confirm, I don't mean timing of track, only instruments and beat placement along with volume.
will come. Is on list