Enter Piano Roll/Automation editor at playhead location

Got a great idea for the future of LMMS? Post it here.
Forum rules

Make sure to search to see if your idea has been posted before! Check our issue tracker as well, just to make sure you are not posting a duplicate: https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues

Enter Piano Roll/Automation editor at point marked by playhead location,

When your at a certain place in the song and you need to fix a note or adjust something in the editors they currently open at the beginning of the track.
It would be great to have an option to have the piano roll and automation editors open at the current location of the playhead on the timeline so you dont have to scroll through everything looking for the wrong note.
Looks like you never got our welcome post back in 2917, so Welcome to the Forum sprocket2cog
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
sprocket2cog wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:05 am

Enter Piano Roll/Automation editor at point marked by playhead location,

When your at a certain place in the song and you need to fix a note or adjust something in the editors they currently open at the beginning of the track.
It would be great to have an option to have the piano roll and automation editors open at the current location of the playhead on the timeline so you dont have to scroll through everything looking for the wrong note.
I believe you are talking about imported MIDI notes?
They are the only one that is being inserted as a continious unbroken block. You would normally have smaller segments, in songs you compose your self.
You can however find note-locations from song-editor and have it openining at the exact position in your piano-roll. I called it 'to locate a note' back in 2014:
But it wont work in automation-editor, because atm we do not have a play-head in aE at all. That is going to change (eventually)
musikbear wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:11 pm
I believe you are talking about imported MIDI notes?
They are the only one that is being inserted as a continious unbroken block. You would normally have smaller segments, in songs you compose your self.
You can however find note-locations from song-editor and have it openining at the exact position in your piano-roll. I called it 'to locate a note' back in 2014:
But it wont work in automation-editor, because atm we do not have a play-head in aE at all. That is going to change (eventually)
Thanks mate this work around will help.
I dont Import midi tracks as long blocks. i record full live tracks in one go from my controller which is why i dont have small blocks of notes. i dont rearrange sections to make a song I play the whole song as a live performance.
Its just how I do it atm.
I cant wait for the day i can multi task and record from two diffrent midi controllers at the same time , at the moment i have to record each track singlly but i have three controllers so i want to be able to record all three at the same time to each own track for live performance recording as midi .

Thanks for the input mate. like i said it will help.