Soundfont property retention

Got a great idea for the future of LMMS? Post it here.
Forum rules

Make sure to search to see if your idea has been posted before! Check our issue tracker as well, just to make sure you are not posting a duplicate: https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues

I download MIDIs that have very specific NON-GM soundfonts associated with them, and the MIDI loads with my default soundfont. Sometimes, my default soundfont doesn't have the bank associated with what the MIDI requires, and plays the default preset (bank 1, grand piano). If I change the soundfont, it plays the first patch in the first bank, instead of the patch associated with the MIDI file.
What I want implemented: LMMS retaining patch and bank data of a MIDI file whether or not it's available when loading, so we can change soundfont and get the correct instrument sound.
Monospace wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:55 am
LMMS (should) retain patch and bank data of a MIDI file whether or not it's available when loading, so we can change soundfont and get the correct instrument sound.
Yes that would be good'ish, but atm the way that has ben chosen to ovoid issues from missing SFs, is that exported projects will contain the used SF. It will most likely be in next off. release