I've recently converted to linux and open source software, the only thing i use windows for at this point is FL Studio and video games. Image-line isn't exactly moving quickly to make versions of their programs available to non-windows users, and given that I'd like to start contributing to and using open source software projects more, I've given LMMS a shot. I really like it, and it seems to provide a level of control (particularly in midi and automation) that previously didn't exist for other linux music/audio programs.

The only feature i would like to see that i haven't seen so far (perhaps i'm not looking in the right place,) is a more precise decibel indicator for the mixer. All i see is green, yellow and red. While i have an analog mixer, and understand more or less that green is quiet/well below +/-0db, yellow is closing in on 0 (or already exceeded it, depending on the mixer,) and red is clipping, it's hard to see exactly where my mixer tracks are peaking, and i practically depend on the fine tuned visual feedback that FL Studio provides in that manner. I realize that there are db level plugins designed to do exactly what i'm looking for, but I'd like to see that integrated into the main interface, and the scale of the mixer sliders increased/changed a little to clearly show down to -30db or so.

Thanks, and keep up the good work. =)