First, as so many others also write: Wonderful program! It could be for music what GIMP is for image/picture editing.
Super work!
Also , at last a forum :D Now we all need to spread the good news!
A strong vital LMMS community would be a marvelous thing!

Next i would like to make some suggestions, I have several but i will only post one on this entrance, i will then post the others on different entrances. I do it this way to keep the discussion clean and crisp

My idea is a connection between the naming of instruments and the names on the bus (the fx-channels) in the mixer.
The functionality should be like this:
When an instrument is routed to a mixer-fx-channel, the name of that instrument should automatically be inserted on that mixer-channel. '
This would greatly aid the down-mixing process because it would be easy to see what instrument the individual mixer-channels are controlling, when working with the mixer.
If the auto-update is done with the assignment of mixer-channel in the individual instruments, the customentation of the channel-names is preserved for those that for some reason wouldn't like to name the mixer-channels with the instrument names (if any..)
I realize that the current design may be a problem. 'mouse-leave' or mouse-release in the 'FX-CHNL' scroll-window could lead to problems, if the user accidentally had scrolled the number to a erroneous value. Because of this I think that a tiny controller-click-button right next to the 'FX-CHNL' scroll-window ..named like... 'Link', would be the best implementation of my idea.
Suggestions ao comments appreciated :)
Br.