Piano Roll like Editor but having a separated Scale

Got a great idea for the future of LMMS? Post it here.
Forum rules

Make sure to search to see if your idea has been posted before! Check our issue tracker as well, just to make sure you are not posting a duplicate: https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues

So far, I knew tablature editors, or just wrote actual musical scores.
Until I came upon seaquence.org - which offers a matrix step sequencer like web-interface.
I immediately wanted such as an offline tool - which lead me here.

The very cool thing about the mentioned interface is: it has the musical scale separated from the actual notation!!!

You can create any kind of scale by selecting an arbitrary set of keys of an octave in a separate pane
(the default is the good old pentatonic scale) but it is in another pane where you create your song.

The notation for e.g. "play up and down the scale" is a straigh line going up, and down again.
By nature it will always look the same, whatever the scale is.
And this is the feature that I liked soo much - I dearly hope you get what I mean, or simply take a peak :)

Big advantage is: you will always be in-scale! And that helps a great deal.

Dear Santa, please weave that into LMMS. I know you can highlight certain scales in the LMMS PianoRollEditor,
but that's not nearly half as good. E.g. you can't change the scale afterwards. Nor create your own crazy scales..

The new lmms will have a feature where you can select a note in all octaves. I believe this feature will accommodate exactly what you ask for?
Thanks for the quick reply - and all the more for the good work so far!

The Highlighting of Notes you mention is not what I was aiming for, sorry.
(Admittedly I did not know I may highlight single notes, though.)

The LMMS PianoRoll Grid always lays out a chromatic scale. c #c d #d e f #f g #g a #a b
The seaquence.org interface lets me choose a scale, and only the used notes appear in the grid.

Or, to put it in different words: I'd like to tear selected keys out of that piano and push the remaining ones together.
On such an instrument you simply can't play out of scale.

(What LMMS already offers is: Paint some of the Piano keys. The "version to come" will make painting easier.
But I can still see, and play all of the out-of-scale keys. Also, if I repaint the keys but still play the same grid pattern the
notes are still the same.)
ok i think i know this from reason also, 'collapse-able' piano-roll.