32-bit Support

Got a great idea for the future of LMMS? Post it here.
Forum rules

Make sure to search to see if your idea has been posted before! Check our issue tracker as well, just to make sure you are not posting a duplicate: https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues

LMMS should consider updating to 32-bit i/o. Consider that the pro and home audio markets are all quickly migrating to a 32-bit signal path. The new professional digital networking standard, Dante, is a 32-bit-clean audio signal path, as are other new audio network protocols (AES67, Ravenna, etc.). Over 200 pro audio companies now license Dante. These new protocols allow 64+ channels of HD audio to stream seamlessly into any DAW, via ASIO or CORE, over a single Ethernet connector. All the latest consumer/home formats are 32-bit integer (WAV, HDMI, FLAC, m4a, etc.). All the new ADC and DAC chips (AKM, ESS, Cirrus, etc.) employ 32-bit-int i/o pipes. The DAW world seems like the last place to adopt a standard that's in place everywhere else!
Hi!

If I undestand correctly, you are talking about audio inputs and outputs of the program.
Well, LMMS can't really input sound, it can't record or reproduce any sound from microphones and such.

Also LMMS is mostly not intended for multi-channel uses, as a lot of users tend to export tracks or groups of tracks and mix, master, and apply recording on other DAW, such as ardour, or even of audacity.

Am I understanding correctly?