Better keyboard shortcuts/functionality

Got a great idea for the future of LMMS? Post it here.
Forum rules

Make sure to search to see if your idea has been posted before! Check our issue tracker as well, just to make sure you are not posting a duplicate: https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues

One of the things about Audacity that LMMS lacks is a very intuitive array of keyboard shortcuts.
In LMMS there appears to be no keyboard shortcut for zooming in or making a selection fit a window , the delete button doesn't delete things and there also seems to be no shortcut for recording in the piano roll. All of these would make the interface much easier to use.
Also, could you find a different delete button instead of the middle mouse button? Some of us users with a single piece touchpad can't exactly press both buttons at once. (at least I can't). Thanks
God bless and good day
Hi!
First point, lmms doesn't have one-key shortcuts because most of the keyboard is used for playing the instruments, so that would get messy.
Also, zooming in LMMS has some soft of "stages", you can't freely zoom like in audacity.

Then, I woudln't really like to be able to delete something with del, I prefer useing some combinations, because... well you can't undo that!

For middle mouse: anything you do with middle mouse, you can do with Shift+Right click!

But anyway, what kind of short-cut would you suggest?
mrlmmsguy wrote:that LMMS lacks is a very intuitive array of keyboard shortcuts.
You do know the large table, right?
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Key_Mappings
Ah, cool, I knew most of those shortcuts, but you still can't zoom in in the song editor without scrolling over the zoom button and there is no shortcut for recording in the piano roll. But really, it would be nice if highlighted stuff would be deleted with the delete button across the board. And if crtl+shift/alt+C let me copy plugins and their parameters across instrument channels.
To clone an instrument track, keep crtl pressed, grab the instrument track very-left part (left of the setting icon), release it where you wish, even across song/bb editors
DeRobyJ wrote:To clone an instrument track, keep crtl pressed, grab the instrument track very-left part (left of the setting icon), release it where you wish, even across song/bb editors
I meant FX plugins actually
Oh I see.
that's not possible I think, could be cool.