Ability/Tool to adjust the note durations automatically

Got a great idea for the future of LMMS? Post it here.
Forum rules

Make sure to search to see if your idea has been posted before! Check our issue tracker as well, just to make sure you are not posting a duplicate: https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues

Hello,

I've got another suggestion regarding composing. Sometimes (for example when you are using a midi keyboard) it may occur that the note durations are accidently different from each other. When you want to fix that you need to adjust them manually.
So it would be great if there was a tool that you can select or activate to automatically adjust the note durations so the length of time that a note is played is equal to the others of the instrument track. (and where you are able to select which part should be adjusted)
I've got a picture that shows what I mean:
https://i.imgsafe.org/e4897ee145.jpg
lmms already have that.
You set the Q quantification and the note-type / note-length you prefer.
So for you image with 1/4 notes and 1/4 rests, it would be Q & note-length = 1/4
This will restrict you from recording anything but 1/4 notes, and also assure a rest distance of 1/4

The result however is very not-humanize almost mechanical and not really that interesting, but you sure can chose to do so :)
Thanks for the reply. This works! But it is it possible to adjust the note durations (and only parts of one instrumental track) after you did a recording?
If not it would be great to this function in future releases (when you have large projects this might be useful)
E-Ray007 wrote:is it possible to adjust the note durations : after you did a recording?
: this might be useful)
No, that is not a feature. Infact the opposite is being more favoured; Eg being able to add a slight 'jitter' to all notes, witch would be known as 'humanising' the notes, because no human play all notes the same length.
E-Ray007 wrote:Thanks for the reply. This works! But it is it possible to adjust the note durations (and only parts of one instrumental track) after you did a recording?
If not it would be great to this function in future releases (when you have large projects this might be useful)
This feature has been there in the unstable development branch for some time now, and will be available in the next release once it is stable.
grejppi wrote: This feature has been there in the unstable development branch .
Post recording possibility to adjust selected notes to only one length and only one rest-distance? ..Sure?
You beat me on that one.