Fix stuck note on remote access plugins

Got a great idea for the future of LMMS? Post it here.
Forum rules

Make sure to search to see if your idea has been posted before! Check our issue tracker as well, just to make sure you are not posting a duplicate: https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues

I've noticed that during playback, I've been getting stuck notes in ZasFX and Synth1. Rebooting LMMS fixes it, but only for the session. I've noticed these: 1) It seems to happen on already saved projects.
2) there doesn't seem to be related to note stacking or any of that.
3) Pressing show/hide Gui also stopped the note playback.
4) None of the native plugins have issues with this (none that I can remember), but VeSTige and ZasFX have remote access executables. Could LMMS be having issues with these .exe files?
God Bless and good day
I was trying to fix the same issue tonight as it has been driving me crazy as well.
Try reducing any feedback dials on the vintage delays that you use as well. It has solved most of the issues in the past.
If that doesn't help then:

1) Clone the track that it is looping in the background.
2) Delete the track that has the problem.
3) Move your newly cloned track back to the spot that you originally had it.

I had to do this with multiple tracks in the same project. I have let it run multiple times through the song and it has not come back.

Let me know if you still have issues and I will see if I can figure anything else out.

Revision: After closing the program down and reopening it, it was having the same issue. At least the above fix will work for the session that is open.
CSammis wrote:I was trying to fix the same issue tonight as it has been driving me crazy as well.
Try reducing any feedback dials on the vintage delays that you use as well. It has solved most of the issues in the past.
? I don't think any of the instances I've encountered have used vintage delays... The stuck note will last indefinitely, with zero decay, it seems. So I'm willing to put my chips on a remote plugin problem, or a similar bug.
CSammis wrote:I was trying to fix the same issue tonight as it has been driving me crazy as well.
If that doesn't help then:

1) Clone the track that it is looping in the background.
2) Delete the track that has the problem.
3) Move your newly cloned track back to the spot that you originally had it.

I had to do this with multiple tracks in the same project. I have let it run multiple times through the song and it has not come back.

Let me know if you still have issues and I will see if I can figure anything else out.

Revision: After closing the program down and reopening it, it was having the same issue. At least the above fix will work for the session that is open.
I went through something like this, a few years ago and a few times, the other day, using Synth 1.
And those solutions you gave, do work for these cases.

And to add on to the advice, you and others gave,......here's another simple trick, to solve that problem.

eg. If you have Synth 1 opened via Vestige, in the Song editor and it has a stuck note playing. :cry:

1) Wait a little while, then, in the Synth 1 column, double click on one of the bars, to open the piano roll and make a random melody, or make a single note, in the piano roll.

2) Close the piano roll.

3) Then press the Song Editors play button, to play that new note, or random melody etc.

Lmms will play your new note/random melody, and the stuck note will stop playing.

I hope this trick, works for you guys too. 8-)