Pure data as possible instrument?

Got a great idea for the future of LMMS? Post it here.
Forum rules

Make sure to search to see if your idea has been posted before! Check our issue tracker as well, just to make sure you are not posting a duplicate: https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues

Hi,
would it be possible to integrate an instrument into lmms the would allow you to use pure data patches? I've seen a lot of cool synths made using pd, and allowing people to use those in LMMS would be great!

(Also, this will let me use my pd patches for launchpad compatibility without having to run a separate pd instance)

Not sure how hard this would be.
kerbingamer376 wrote:
Not sure how hard this would be.
Wuaaaaal..... It says on their website that they are yet to have 64-bit processor compatibility, and
Be forewarned that Pd is still in development. To use Pd at this stage you will need some patience and a sense of adventure.

Add in the facts that we might have to port the code and have a pd patch player (I'm guessing here, their website says it works with VST plugins)... And you're probably looking at a 1.3 milestone at the earliest.
Sorry. :(
PD may still be being developed, but that doesn't mean it's not stable. It's existed for over 15 years.