Midi out |Piano roll |Un&redo

Got a great idea for the future of LMMS? Post it here.
Forum rules

Make sure to search to see if your idea has been posted before! Check our issue tracker as well, just to make sure you are not posting a duplicate: https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues

Hi there,

I'm someone who comes from FL studio(i bet you heard that allot).
I like LmmS but i'm bothered by few things.

Lots of plugins/VSTI have their own internal 16 channel(or ZynAddSubFX for that matter), in FL you just added one of them instruments and then use something called "Midi out".

As you can see you could assign different controllers to different knobs/sliders/buttons but the most important thing is the "port" feature.
Anything that is played with the "Midi out" is send to the instrument/plugin with the same port number.
The only thing you cant see is the "in" and "out" option hidden in a menu of the plugins.
There is no reason to load ZynAddSubFX 16 times, if LmmS has this feature. You could just make 16 "Midi outs" and assign the correct port.

This would be great,just really really great.

As for the Piano roll.
Well I don't know where to begin since Undo/Redo aren't working...
There aren't any tools either that can do chops/strums/arpeg/quantize( I know there is one for recording purposes but sometimes you need to call it again) etc etc.
Another thing that would be lovely is recording without LmmS kicking off before you can hit a note.
It would be nice if LmmS waited( as an option) for midi input and then starts recording.
Ghosting other piano rolls would be lovely as well. I notice that sometimes when I' m trying to find the right scale or note to harmonize with i have to switch between piano rolls, which can be quite annoying. So what if you can see the other piano rolls in a transparent manner and a different color behind the piano roll you are currently editing?

As for the undo and redo function, they don't do much...at least thats the impression I' m having...

I wish i could help you guys out on the programming part, but my skills aren't that great( still learning though!).
I also remember LmmS in its 0.1 stage, disliked it, but now with all the new plugins and tools, you guys are going somewhere great.

Keep up the great work!
Also option to turn off that *** metronome that you hear while recording new tracks. It's really disturbing for me. Also MIDI export would be great