android

Got a great idea for the future of LMMS? Post it here.
Forum rules

Make sure to search to see if your idea has been posted before! Check our issue tracker as well, just to make sure you are not posting a duplicate: https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues

i don't want to be a n00b( :mrgreen: 8-) ), after all i only know a little javascript, and my music is mediocre/close to mediocre/somewhat close to mediocre
but after the osx release, mobile apps should be considered
i mean fl studio (fruity loops) has been released for ios, and coming up for android. i really don't want to dish out my parent's money (im a kid, not even a teenager yet) for it
what can i say? im both brown and an open source geek :geek:
ios first is respectable, but please create an android version anyway, that will make me :D (windows phone should be a low priority)
that is, if u guys (the team) consider mobile
i know this would need total reprogramming, but it will be greatly appreciated (i think i speak for a lot of people)
thanx!
AAh. One can always dream. Keep on getting ideas/dreaming!

I too know a little jacascript, but not enough to make an android application. I am pretty sure the LMMS theme have their hands full with, well... LMMS, so if you and I am not going to make the app, I think it will take a long time, if ever.
Also why should we call the app LMMS when it probably is not going to be related in any ways? ;)
btw i said i knew a little javascript, but i didnt mean i knew a little bit of how to make apps, as android apps are made with java, not javascript
then I am even farther from making any android app... damn
well, im experimenting with the sdk, and will learn java and use it once i have free time=no more projects=after i pass 7th grade ib
btw nice to see im not the only one who still says damn
  1. To clear up a misconception with Java and Javascript, those are two very similar, albeit different programming languages. I'm not trying at all to sound like a know it all, but that is one thing emphasized in quite a few places that pertain to web programming (it is in the first chapter of the book I got to help me learn Java)
  2. Any mobile OS will require a large amount of code to be changed, and the UI will also have to go into a massive makeover (it would need to become optimized for touch and a setting where keyboards are rare).