Portamento and Legato in Triple Oscillater

Got a great idea for the future of LMMS? Post it here.
Forum rules

Make sure to search to see if your idea has been posted before! Check our issue tracker as well, just to make sure you are not posting a duplicate: https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues

My wish is for Portamento and Legato to be implemented, into the Lmms Triple Oscillator plug in.
Why? Because alot of people have asked for this. Even on the Facebook Lmms page.
And just the other day I came across "4 situations," in my music, where it was necessary.
I could use "Ninja tricks," as one Lmms user suggested, but that can be time consuming and tiring. Waaaaaah!!

Triple oscillaor is so cool. I hope they fix the few "Knocking sound glitches," and improve it to a point it will be better than the previous version.

Lmms rules!! 8-)
What's ninja tricks?
averystrangeguy wrote:What's ninja tricks?
Oh sorry Mr. averystrangeguy. I just noticed your post yesterday.

"Ninja Tricks," in this context, means: Achieving something in LMMS, by finding a way to do it from scratch.
Or a workaround technique, if the option is not supported in the program yet.

Like for eg. Lmms' Triple Oscillator does not support an option, such as portamento or legato "yet."

Portamento means a note's pitch, sliding from one note to the other.

Since Lmms' Triple Oscillator doesn't support the "Portamento," option yet, you may have to find a "Basic way," to "manually" compose, or create that Portamento option, in your music from scratch.
Which can "sometimes be very time consuming."

Or for an easier example, you're Camping out in the Wilderness, and you have no Matches, or a Lighter, to light your Camp fire.
So, in order to solve this, you would have to start a fire, either by rubbing twigs or striking two stones together etc.
In other words, hence the term "Ninja tricks," is used.

Wow! I hope you understand what I wrote. Wooah! This was tiring. Lol! :lol:
When I wanted to achieve a portamento effect with a 3xOSC instrument, I simply layered a Llama instrument (I forget the actual name of the plugin, lol) under it to hopefully trick the listener into not realizing it was two instruments rather than one. I think it worked.
sketchman3 wrote:When I wanted to achieve a portamento effect with a 3xOSC instrument, I simply layered a Llama instrument (I forget the actual name of the plugin, lol) under it to hopefully trick the listener into not realizing it was two instruments rather than one. I think it worked.
Nice. I was thinking about doing something like that too. Excellent! :D
sketchman3 wrote:When I wanted to achieve a portamento effect with a 3xOSC instrument, I simply layered a Llama instrument (I forget the actual name of the plugin, lol) under it to hopefully trick the listener into not realizing it was two instruments rather than one. I think it worked.
Thanks @sketchman3, for sharing that trick.. I wanted that same effect, but didn't know how to do it with the tools available..