Number of samples in the piano roll editor

Got a great idea for the future of LMMS? Post it here.
Forum rules

Make sure to search to see if your idea has been posted before! Check our issue tracker as well, just to make sure you are not posting a duplicate: https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues

Hello. I wish a small change in LMMS particularly on the number of sample sounds we can add to the piano roll editor. I will explain myself well below:

Suppose I drag a sample sound in the song editor, then I open the sample in the piano roll editor. Now on this piano roll editor, I can only compose a melody of that sample, that's all. What I want is to add more samples on the same piano roll editor without adding them in the song editor.

The advantages of this feature integration are:

-Less time consuming! Because you are composing a melody by using different samples all in one instead of dragging different samples then open them in the piano roll editor.
-More easy for beginners to create melody in a "quick" way.
-Better flexibility.
-Ability to know how your melody is becoming directly at once.
-More professionally.

I hope this will be implemented soon. And yes, add a feature where the samples can be dragged to the piano roll editor directly and which can be used more than once.

Thank!
That is exactly what soundfonts was made for... So I suggest doing some research on soundfonts and making one yourself.

Use editors like synthfont or Viena.
sti2nd wrote:That is exactly what soundfonts was made for... So I suggest doing some research on soundfonts and making one yourself.

Use editors like synthfont or Viena.

Yep! I agree with that dude. :mrgreen: