(i have already posted another topic about this problem in the troubleshooting board so a lot of this is copied and pasted :mrgreen: )

If I was to create a project, with audio .wav samples, and then decided to change the location of these audio samples,-(EG: moving my samples from one folder to another, or renaming the samples directory), then as it stands, LMMS would not be able to play the project, as the 'links' to the samples from within the audiofile processor would all be broken, due to the samples it's looking for having changed 'path'. This would mean LMMS would not be able to load the project properly and,- obviously the project would be useless until all the samples have been reassigned, one by one. (a lengthy process)

Maybe in the future something can be done to alleviate this issue..

I remember using an old MAGIX sequencer a long long time ago to make simple , stupid songs before I upgraded to better software,..
I recall once, moving my entire sample library to a new folder
Upon opening my projects, a dialogue box opened, saying 'x.wav' cannot be found, and there was an option to relocate the missing sample. Once you relocated it, the program automatically corrected any other missing samples by looking in the same directory as the one you just selected.

Something like this, would save an enormous amount of time/hassle for anyone who is, -for example; moving their complete sample collection into, say an external HDD, or maybe for someone who is sending a project to another computer, etc..

thanks