Several proposals

Got a great idea for the future of LMMS? Post it here.
Forum rules

Make sure to search to see if your idea has been posted before! Check our issue tracker as well, just to make sure you are not posting a duplicate: https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues

Hello, I'm new user of LMMS and I'm very excited about using it, but I see few things what you should add.
1. A more precise playlist grid
I can't move this to the grid :'(
2. Change automation clips
This line isn't straight
You should add option like: line, saw, curve, etc.
3. Clock
I don't know how long is my song :p

At the moment I think it's all what I want to see in the future : )
Nice ideas.
I do agree that the Automation Editor in Lmms, needs some more options.
Have you checked the Lmms Wiki or Manual yet?
The Lmms PDF Manual shows how to make near perfect diagonal lines etc. in the Automation Editor, by holding "SHIFT," then clicking to another point in the Automation Graph.
But it can be a pain sometimes, because sometimes it "glitches," and does annoying stuff. Lol!

Unfortunately, I don't think there is a preset option to make a Perfect Wave, Line, Saw etc.
Unless I'm wrong. :?

For the first pic you showed with the sample...........
You can move it across the Grid, by Holding Ctrl and Left clicking on the Sample then drag or pull it across to the side.
Warning, it's the same keyboard command, to copy a sample also. So be careful. :shock:

One of them is to hold Ctrl then Left click on the sample, then drag.
The other is to Left click on the Sample first then press CTRL, then drag the sample to the side.
I still get confused as to which one does what sometimes. Lol! :?
But test it out yourself, so you'll figure out which Keyboard command does which.

PS: Stick around and Enjoy the LMMS Forum.
Sometimes the Lmms Developers show up on this Forum when you least expect it.
It'll really be nice if they introduce some New Automation Editor options that other DAWS such as FL STudio etc. wouldn't have.
Probably in a later version of LMMS.