I made a LMMS theme

Working on a theme for LMMS? Post progress and get feedback.
And a sharing platform account, apparently.

Here's a screenshot of the theme:

You can download it here:

Latest version (v1.1): http://lmms.sourceforge.net/lsp/index.p ... &file=4605

Older versions:
v1.0: http://lmms.sourceforge.net/lsp/index.p ... &file=4526

Enjoy!
Nice theme. I have just downloaded it. I must say it looks neat. :)
Can anyone do this - I would like to design my own, i suppose one needs to understand programming language?
roy38 wrote:Nice theme. I have just downloaded it. I must say it looks neat. :)
Can anyone do this - I would like to design my own, i suppose one needs to understand programming language?
You need to know CSS, and how to edit images with an image editing software such as GIMP. Fortunately, CSS is very well documented and the web is full of information on it. Take a look at the styles.css file included in the theme folder, if that seems like something you could figure out, then there's nothing stopping you.
Pretty nice, one of the better themes I've seen. I like the way it fits well with all those unthemable areas.

Just a few details...
First of all, the blue on black numbers in tempo, time signature and so on are IMO a step backwards, I find the old green numbers more readable. OTOH, those numbers aren't something you read all the time, so it might not be that bad. But consider a brighter color?

Do the VU meters in the mixer stay blue all the way up? That's not good... there's information in the coloring.

Your beat/bassline icon is maybe a bit too close to the pause symbol, and I'd choose something else for the sample track, too (a waveform maybe?). But these two things are pretty minor.
raekman wrote:But consider a brighter color?
I'll consider it for the next version. Which will probably be after the next release of LMMS, from what I gather there's going to be lots of new theming capabilities then...
raekman wrote:Do the VU meters in the mixer stay blue all the way up?
No, they turn red (or bluish red/crimson, same as the red leds) at the top. There's no gradient in the colour though, so you probably won't notice it unless you play something really loud.
Hmm Its a CSS file you say? So that means I could get in there and change the font sizes relatively easily? I don't know about you guys but the default font sizes of lmms are horribly small even at 1080p and they don't seem to scale with windows 7 dpi settings.
bluesh1ft wrote:Hmm Its a CSS file you say? So that means I could get in there and change the font sizes relatively easily? I don't know about you guys but the default font sizes of lmms are horribly small even at 1080p and they don't seem to scale with windows 7 dpi settings.
Yes, you can change most font sizes. Not all though, IIRC the knob labels and some others are hardcoded, at least for now.
Update, version 1.1 of the Entropy theme has been released. Thanks to Sti-jay and Raekman for constructive criticism! I implemented most of your suggestions, however a couple of things I didn't do at least for now:

- I left the font size of the instrument tracks as is. I considered it, but I think it's not a big deal because there's plenty of text the same size (eg. the knob labels), and I think the smaller text looks better there. That said, if it's something that really bothers someone, it's not a big change to make in the css file, just change one number (I can give exact instructions if needed). Or if someone wants to release a modified version with font sizes changed (or anything else changed), I'm also entirely ok with it, the theme is licensed under a CC BY-SA license after all.

- I also didn't change the backgrounds of the beat & bassline editor. Now this isn't something I'm necessarily opposed to changing in the future, if it really bothers people, but for now I just couldn't figure out a way how to do it so that it fits my vision of the overall theme of the theme.

Full changelog of the things I did change can be found in the included README file. I did try to make the mixer meter leds a bit wider, I did redo the save icon, and I did make the blue lcd numbers brighter.

Anyway, you can download the updated theme here:

http://lmms.sourceforge.net/lsp/index.p ... &file=4605
Cool that you considered my suggestions!

The save button is understandable, but I think the arrow is unclear (not so sharp). Maybe move it on top of the box? Also I weren't against the floppy icon, just that it was too advanced.
sti2nd wrote:Cool that you considered my suggestions!
No problem, and further feedback is always welcome!
sti2nd wrote:I think the arrow is unclear
It seems that LMMS resizes some of the icons to a smaller size than what the images in the default theme are by default. This causes blurring and artifacts... I'm going to have to figure out what the correct size is so that there won't be any resizing, and redo a bunch of icons at some point, but I'm not sure when I'll get around to it.