CSS modification ruins my LLMS appearance!! How??!

Working on a theme for LMMS? Post progress and get feedback.
Hi I'm new here. I am trying to change colors of the various parts of the theme by changing the # hex code color values, or RGBs. When I open up LMMS hoping to see a new theme, I instead see the Song Editor's background look glitched and black and distorted.

Also notice how the track names disappear and get replaced by a grey bar and things get misalligned.

But when I click a note/segment, that particular segment appears normal.

For some reason the master track's appearance also gets ruined; if I open the piano roll or automation editor, parts of the grid and piano keys appear on the master track.

And the piano roll's grid isn't even the color I wanted it to be.

Not sure how the css works but it's weird considering my understanding of HTML and CSS. I tried it multiple times and I was very careful.

Any help to offer? I was hoping to make a cool theme. I'm new to the forums and to LMMS. THANK YOU!
bazoinkazoink wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:41 pm
Hi I'm new here.
Hi, Welcome to the Forum bazoinkazoink !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions

changing the # hex code color values, or RGBs.
Song Editor's background look glitched and black and distorted.
I guess you have edited your CSS in a text-editor?
That will not work!
You need a real proper code-editor or you can use note-pad.
Text-editors adds formatting, and that destroys the code
Let me know if you need a new default.css
I'm sorry I have neglected my post. I found my answer. I was an app by Microsoft by Expression web, and it was probably doing something weird to the file.

Ironically to your statement, I opened the CSS code with a simple notepad, and copied it into Microsoft word, changed values there, and copied it over in the Notepad. This let it work.

Expression web is an outdated and unsupported HTML editor like Dreamweaver, but free.

Where did you get the idea that it won't work in a basic text editor? That's how it got working for me!

Thank you for your welcoming.
bazoinkazoink wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:33 am
Where did you get the idea that it won't work in a basic text editor?
University..
That's how it got working for me!
No, you moved the text-part from Word, to a simple editor like notepad, then you saved. That mean that you save the file with notepad-formatting, not Word, so you did indeed exactly as i told you to do:
or you can use note-pad
MS-Word does not work
Your " Expression " would work, but you need to export the file in the correct formatting, witch in this case would be: "simple-text" or Ascii
I overlooked your first reply sir. Thank you very much for offering your help and info.