Icons with drop down arrows

Working on a theme for LMMS? Post progress and get feedback.
In the main toolbar of LMMS there are two icons that contain little drop down arrows.
One I believe is for "loading templates" and the other is for opening "recent project".

I have been inquiring to see if developers would be willing to remove these little arrows from these two specific icons due to how they make the icons themselves appear a little strange in the default flat icon theme, but it seems that other users want them there and don't want them to be removed.

I believe these little arrow graphics are in the actual code of LMMS, but I was wondering if by any chance if anyone know if they are not?
My reason for thinking maybe there is a chance is that in the "default" theme these arrows are light grey and in the "classic" theme these arrows are black.
So I was wondering if there is a way for users to customize the arrow colors and more importantly to me be able to remove them from those two icons.
Does anyone know if this is possible?

I plan on presenting my request in a different way to developers, where it would give users the option to remove them if they desire.
This would especially come in handy for users who develop custom themes because I would imagine these arrows can get in the way for those who want to create custom icons for main toolbar. Would be nice to be able to remove them, change their colors, change their location in the icon.
Not sure if any of you custom theme creators would be interested in something like this?
sound8 wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:58 pm
I plan on presenting my request in a different way to developers, where it would give users the option to remove them if they desire.
Please do not. It has already been discussed, and it was concluded that dropdowns/ Select-gadgets are working as expected, and that the design cant be changed, inside the scope of QT. Later there will be a complete new UI, it is all planned, but not scheduled.