Trance trouble

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
263 posts
Found an interesting piano tutorial, For Still Dre.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_zk-yZuxfI

The person claims they sampled it ( piano part) and turned the pitch a quarter step down.

That might be why I cant get it in key. I used the keys from a fruity loops vid, and by it self it sound good.
When I play it with the original though, my ears start to bleed :P

While trying to fix it, it only gets worse. I think I am already damn close to the keys he is using.

I have already moved all notes 1 hmm semitone ? ( next white key) up, from the fruity loops tut.

The piano vst I am using does not respond to the pitch knob on vestige. There is also nothing to automate on this vst.
Gps wrote: I have already moved all notes 1 hmm semitone ? ( next white key) up, from the fruity loops tut.
No not next white, just next note.
There is one semi-tone between every note, so only between b & c and e & f you have one semitone, because they are direct next to each other.
Other ways to say exactly the same, is semiquaver or degree
Thank you, I keep messing that up.

Making good progress on the bassline of rappers delight/good times.
I definitely need to use my midi keyboard more for basslines, more specific for funky basslines.

Been struggling for days to get the notes in the right place. Then hooked up midi keyboard and set piano roll to 1/192.
Started the original and played along with the bassline. ( I ignore any tone change, I only hit a C, but try to make sure the rhythm is right. )
Then bam, only had to do a bit of moving to get most notes on the grid.

Having great fun and learning so much, that bassline, Piano roll set to 1/64, two notes are on the grid a third one in between is not.
And my ears tell me, those notes are in the right spot.

If only my ears were as good in recognizing notes, as they seem to be rhythm wise.
That would safe me the next step, watching vids on what notes are used. :P
263 posts