Can i use samples and effects for my game that im working on

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
Hi! Im new to the lmms platform , so im working on an indie game i need music for that so i chose lmms , can i use the my samples section , my presets and effects ( adding it to stuff like reverb to opelunz , etc. ) for my game ( i do plan on selling the game ) , Please help this confused guy :cry:
razzdazz wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:44 pm
Hi! Im new to the lmms platform
Hi, Welcome to the Forum razzdazz !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480

can i use the my-samples section , my-presets and effects ( adding it to stuff like reverb to opelunz(?) , etc. ) for my game ( i do plan on selling the game )

This one is a bit tricky.
You can use all parts of lmms in derivative-work -eg; -Tou can make music with lmms, and that music belongs to YOU -as long as you also composed it!
That can be used completely legit in your game!
However
You may not take any sample and use that in 'dry-version' in your game!
Meaning you cant sell or reuse unchanged samples from lmms!

Derivative-work : Knock your socks off
100% copied samples : NO
Read the full license:
https://docs.lmms.io/user-manual/8-legal/8.1-license

(I btw does not know what "opelunz" is?
Do you mean
https://docs.lmms.io/user-manual/5-buil ... 10-opulenz
Our instrument opulenz ?
musikbear wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:54 pm
razzdazz wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:44 pm
Hi! Im new to the lmms platform
Hi, Welcome to the Forum razzdazz !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480

can i use the my-samples section , my-presets and effects ( adding it to stuff like reverb to opelunz(?) , etc. ) for my game ( i do plan on selling the game )

This one is a bit tricky.
You can use all parts of lmms in derivative-work -eg; -Tou can make music with lmms, and that music belongs to YOU -as long as you also composed it!
That can be used completely legit in your game!
However
You may not take any sample and use that in 'dry-version' in your game!
Meaning you cant sell or reuse unchanged samples from lmms!

Derivative-work : Knock your socks off
100% copied samples : NO
Read the full license:
https://docs.lmms.io/user-manual/8-legal/8.1-license

(I btw does not know what "opelunz" is?
Do you mean
https://docs.lmms.io/user-manual/5-buil ... 10-opulenz
Our instrument opulenz ?
Oh thank you , i was going to compose them so i think i will be legit with the adding effects and other stuff , and yeah i meant opulenz ( the instrument plugin that comes with lmms ) , also last doubt i see some effects like reverbSC with no mention of liscense and other stuff with gpl so does this mean i cant use them in my work because gpl states we could only modify and do other stuff just how i got it ? also thanks for the real informative answer :D
I made some game sound tutorials, for indie game devs, in the Tutorials section of the forum. Check them out if you want.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=27415
brandystarbrite wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:18 pm
I made some game sound tutorials, for indie game devs, in the Tutorials section of the forum. Check them out if you want.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=27415
That would be sooo helpful tq :D
razzdazz wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:13 pm
last doubt i see some effects like reverbSC with no mention of liscense
Then its under general GPL2 license.
Cutting through all : Unless you take completely dry Samples, and and use them in your game, as dry sounds, then you are fine! Even changing a setting a few percent, would count as derivative work.
What would not be ok is to copy samples, and relicense those as your own, then sell them!
That is prohibited under GLP2

does this mean i cant use them in my work because gpl states we could only modify and do other stuff just how i got it

I dont understand this :)
musikbear wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:58 pm
razzdazz wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:13 pm
last doubt i see some effects like reverbSC with no mention of liscense
Then its under general GPL2 license.
Cutting through all : Unless you take completely dry Samples, and and use them in your game, as dry sounds, then you are fine! Even changing a setting a few percent, would count as derivative work.
What would not be ok is to copy samples, and relicense those as your own, then sell them!
That is prohibited under GLP2

does this mean i cant use them in my work because gpl states we could only modify and do other stuff just how i got it

I dont understand this :)

Oh i must have read it wrong thank you so much for answering this cleared all of my doubts , :D have a nice day :D
razzdazz wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:23 am
brandystarbrite wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:18 pm
I made some game sound tutorials, for indie game devs, in the Tutorials section of the forum. Check them out if you want.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=27415
That would be sooo helpful tq :D
No probs. Hopefully, those tutorials will help you. I'll try and make some more game sound tutorials soon. :)