looking for advice on studying tutorials

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
when you study tutorials, do you recommend taking notes?
i know that i don't have a good enough memory to remember everything that's being taught in the tutorial,
but then again i'm also afraid of focusing on notetaking instead of doing it in lmms :/

also if you have any advice on a beginner lmms user, that would be great too :D
abcde111 wrote:when you study tutorials, do you recommend taking notes?
i know that i don't have a good enough memory to remember everything that's being taught in the tutorial,
but then again i'm also afraid of focusing on notetaking instead of doing it in lmms :/

also if you have any advice on a beginner lmms user, that would be great too :D
Yes, i found taking notes helps a great deal.
Also some of the demo songs that come pre built in with LMMS helped me a lot when I first started, especially in terms of putting a song together.

Good luck.
abcde111 wrote: but then again i'm also afraid of focusing on notetaking instead of doing it in lmms :/
You can fix that by taking notes while you see the tutorial, then do the thing in LMMS thanks to the notes you have taken.
This way you can also see if you're good at taking notes, and improve your taking-notes capability :D

Then, there is no real "beginner" for LazerBlade tutorials, but they're mostly based on Synth1, so if you want to know more about other things, you have to search and search XD
Yeah. Note taking is a good idea.
I did that when I started out using LMMS, for the first time and the first couple of months too.
I still do it once in a while too.

I did that alot when learning stuff from this LMMS dude guys vid tuts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IUOL05O8so Uplifting Trance Bass in Lmms with 3xosc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcM-6F8qyiw Making a Super Saw with 3xosc.

These two tuts came in Super handy, when I first started out.
And I wrote down all of the steps from both vids.
And then made my own slight variations to both of them too.
There are obviously other ways, to make a Super saw and Trance bass and Pluck, but after you learn from your notes how to make them, you can make them in other ways too.

You can pause the vids and write down the steps too. Since he has subtitles on the vid.
Showing us the step by step instructions.

Special thanks to LMMs dude for making these 2 tutorials. They really helped alot of us especially me. :mrgreen:

Hope that helps.
What also can help, when you read something, also say the words.