EXE VSTs can't load. Halp

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
Good evening, gents. I'm having trouble with this VST called Helm, you may have heard of it. I can't load it for the life of me.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/roo8cncqvxoh1 ... T.jpg?dl=0

It's an EXE VST, and I can never load EXEs.

If you can help, that would be fantastic!
Thanks!
The .exe is the standalone version of Helm. VSTs are never .exes. You need to find helm.dll.

Steve
slipstick wrote:
Tue May 09, 2017 4:13 pm
The .exe is the standalone version of Helm. VSTs are never .exes. You need to find helm.dll.

Steve
Thank you, but I could not find a .dll for Helm anywhere.

And if not, why is there an option to load an exe?

Toby
TibblesSounds wrote:
Tue May 09, 2017 10:30 pm
And if not, why is there an option to load an exe?
When a vst dl in fact is a .exe, it is meant to be installed through the exe.
Some programmers like to things that way, because it looks 'professional' others have a darker aspect.. Running any executable on your pc, is and will be a case of trust
Some few bundles their program with adware or other types of 'scams', and make money that way, other may in fact infect you with a virus, but it is rare

What you need to do when you have an execute instead of the expected vst-dll, is to search the net for any hints on malware or virus in connection to that specific publisher, or name of vst. If you find non, then the exe is 'properly' ok...

Trust as i said..
No, Helm is delivered and installed as a .msi It has a standalone version intended to be run outside of any DAW and that is the .exe

The install also contains 2 dlls (32 bit and 64 bit). If you leave the install defaults alone the .exe installs in c:/Program Files/helm and the 2 .dlls (helm.dll and helm64.dll) are installed in c:/Program Files/Steinberg/Vstplugins

I've just installed the latest version to make sure nothing has changed. They're still there and helm64.dll loads into Vestige fine and helm.exe loads from the desktop and both will make noises.

Steve