How to produce dark progressive forest bassline ?

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
Who knows the basic steps (skills) how to produce an dark progressive forest bassline?
:D :) ;)
shaolinfrequenz wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:44 pm
Who knows
Hi Welcome to the forum shaolinfrequenz! Here are all important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)

If you like to introduce yourself to the rest of the community, this is the right place
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480

Your Q.. well i think you need to link to some music on ..like youtube, or soundcloud, because im for one is not sure others know the style you are referring to, so thats why no one replies :)
Hello and welcome shaolinfrequenz. :)
Like musikbear, I am curious to find out, what a dark progressive forest bassline
really sounds like. A few nice links to the dark progressive bass sound you're trying to
make/recreate, might help. :)
There are massive threads on psy bassline techniques on some of the dedicated forums. I'm only a beginner myself but after on and off research and playing around for the past year, among other things, I've managed to get the basic but not really rounded sound (you probably don't want it really rounded for forest anyway since it's so fast).

Basic technique for your bodugaboduga is a single sawtooth. Attack is superfast, Release as quick as you can without a click. Decay is the quickest response so we can use that to pull the sound down to a low Sustain, which combined with the attack gives it a bounce... we are talking very low values here. I tried using a wavetable and that does make it sound more controlled, which is reflected in other people's posts. Get a nice low octave, like 2 if you want some growling. For fast basslines you want to fill all 16s. If there is interference with the kick, you can add sidechain compression; some people swear by it, others say they can get the sound they want with just ADSR... YMMV. One thing I've found is to push the fundamental frequency to give it a bit of boost. Play around with values and a drum loop to get a feel for the sound. Like I said, I'm a beginner too so my advice will only be the basics but there is a wealth of information out there.

Good luck