how to tune a 808

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
i need to tune my 808 kicks but the one video i found has been taken down from yt can someone help me please
Several ways to tune / detune a sample:

- move the green square that is just above the piano keys of the AudioFileProcessor
- use the Piano-Roll
- modify the value of the PICTH (and possibly increase the RANGE) of the AudioFileProcessor
- add the following effects on the AudioFileProcessor (or in the mixer) : AM pitchshifter, or Higher Quality Pitch Scaler, or Pitch Scaler, or TAP Pitch Shifter

Is that what you're looking for?
yes, how to tune the pitch correctly in the AudioFileProcessor. how do you know where to move the green square in AudioFileProcessor?
lokiilox wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:48 pm
how do you know where to move the green square in AudioFileProcessor?
Hello and welcome to the forums lokiilox. :)

The small green square, is located at the buttom of the lmms plugins Gui.
You can drag it almost, anywhere you want too.

To find it, look close by the piano keys, at the bottom of the plugins GUI and you'll
see the small green square at A4, located over some piano keys.
Click on the green square and drag it left or right, to bring it one octave down
or one octave up etc.
lokiilox wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:48 pm
how do you know where to move the green square in AudioFileProcessor?
The 'green square' is named base-note in LMMS
Read about it here:
http://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Ins ... #Base_note

Your exact question
"where to move the green square"
-That is by ear,
move it left, you have higher pitch (higher Hz
move it right, you have lower pitch (lower Hz

Besides that, since you are new here, Welcome to the forum lokiilox! Here are all our important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)

In case you like to introduce yourself to the rest of the community, this is the right place
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480

If you are totally new to DAWs, Perhaps my LMMS rookie-guide can interest you? Link in signature.
could you make a quick yt video how for me please i get what you saying but i think its more to it
By default, with any LMMS synth, the green square is above the La4 (or A4) note.
So, if you press the Y key on your keyboard, your base note will get the La4 (or A4) note.

If you move the green square to the left, and press the Y key, you get higher notes.
If you move the green square to the right, and press the Y key, you get lower notes.

Moving the green square one step left (relative to its default position, A4) = increase your base note by half a tone (A#4).
Moving the green square one step right (relative to its default position A4) = decrease your base note by half a tone (Ab4).

With the AudioFileProcessor, by default (with the green square above La4 or A4), if you press the Y key on your keyboard, the sample will be played at its original speed.

If you set the green square above La3 or A3, and you press the Y key on your keyboard, the sample will be played twice as fast (= one octave above).

Conversely, if you set the green square above La5 or A5, and you press the Y key on your keyboard, the sample will be played twice as slowly (= one octave below).
lokiilox wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:26 pm
could you make a quick yt video how for me please i get what you saying but i think its more to it
Naeh its not tuning at all you are looking for :p
You want to stretch the sample, and preserve the pitch.
Sorry That lmms cant do!
You need to use a program like Audacity, and you need to painstaking make one sample for each note that you want :/
So in-fact, what you do want is a sampler !
But unfortunately only one that works in Linux has been found :/
That again unfortunately leads right back to Audacity, but without a sampler, you need one instance of AFP for each sample... :€
This is one of the few real short-comings of lmms.
Sorry for not grasping the real issue at once...