How to get a seamless wav loop?

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
I recorded myself playing some guitar in Soundforge Music Studio and it sounds perfect in that program, but once I put it in lmms, it has a short pause between each loop. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I just went into the 'my home' tab and pulled the file out of there. Here's what it looks like:

Code: Select all

http://imgur.com/6ooTS9e

Is it something I'm doing wrong? Is there some kind of way to prolong the end of the wav file so that it overlaps the beginning of the next loop (if that makes sense)? Thanks in advance! :D
With AudioFileProcessor, in the PLUGIN tab:
1) you can adjust the length of the sample via the "start of playback of the sample" and "end of playback of the sample" knobs (I use the French version of LMMS, it is possible that my translation of the name of the knobs is wrong).
2) you can activate the option "Enable loop"

With SampleTrack, if the sample is wrongly cut, you must use your Audio Editor to adjust it ...

I have never used Soundforge Music Studio:
1) Maybe this software inserts a silence at the end of the sample when exporting? And perhaps there is an option to remove this silence when exporting?
2) If no silence is added by the software, the sample may contain it, in which case you can edit it manually. For a sample to loop correctly, it is preferable that the amplitude value of the first and last sampled points is equal to zero.

You may need to adjust the tempo / BPM value in your LMMS project.

Does that answer your request?

EDIT:
When I read "I'm recording myself playing some guitar in Soundforge Music Studio, and it sounds perfect in that program, but once I put it in lmms, it has a short pause between each loop." I deduced that the sample ends with a short silence, a short silence that is problematic for you. It is on this deduction that I wrote my comment above.

But now I read "Is there some kind of way to prolong the end of the wav file so that it overlaps the beginning of the next loop?", and I wonder if what you want is to prolong the silence at the end of the sample?

In this case, you can use the Piano-Roll, and separate the notes by a silence (an empty space).
Or you can edit your sample in your Audio Editor (e.g. Audacity) and add a silence to it at the end of the sample. And then, in LMMS, via the AudioFileProcessor, adjust the length of the sample with the "end of playback of the sample" knob that is in the PLUGIN tab. Finally, click on "Enable loop" to perfectly loop your sample.

I think I'm tired.
flora-nova wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:10 am
I recorded myself playing some guitar in Soundforge Music Studio and it sounds perfect in that program,
Ahh yes the Soundforge looper
And you are in luck. LMMS can do exactly what Soundforge can!
Here is how: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCTaCs_8j2M

Besides that, since you are new here Welcome to the forum flora-nova! Here are all our important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)

In case you like to introduce yourself to the rest of the community, this is the right place
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
musikbear wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:03 am
flora-nova wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:10 am
I recorded myself playing some guitar in Soundforge Music Studio and it sounds perfect in that program,
Ahh yes the Soundforge looper
And you are in luck. LMMS can do exactly what Soundforge can!
Here is how: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCTaCs_8j2M

Besides that, since you are new here Welcome to the forum flora-nova! Here are all our important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)

In case you like to introduce yourself to the rest of the community, this is the right place
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480

But the thing is, I made sure everything was the right bpm, everything is 90 bpm, it just has a tiny space between each loop. (That's what the video is about right? Changing the bpm?) Should I just re-record it then? Cause I'm pretty sure they're the right bpm and length...
At 90 bpm, the fourth measurement ends at 0m10s666ms.
Does this match the length of your sample?

In the Piano-Roll, maybe you misplaced the note?
With Q = 1/192, you may have offsets of 13 msec.