Can sheet music be replicated on LMMS?

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
I was wondering if sheet music could easily be replicated on LMMS because once I get good enough at reading sheet music, I would just love to do LMMS remasters of the Kingdom Hearts Soundtrack. I also have a violin and am currently saving up money for lessons. One thing that I noticed is that LMMS goes by C1, C2, C3 etc. in terms of notes instead of EGBDF. Even though my music needs a LOT of work, I love using LMMS because it's fun to make music.
LMMS does not have music notation and I doubt if it ever will (though I may be corrected).

So if you're saying that you'd like to enter tunes in standard score notation and get them played in LMMS then the only way I know is to use a program like MuseScore or Anvil Studio (both free), You can enter the music in them, export it as MIDI and then import the MIDI into LMMS to play it with the instruments of your choice.

But most people just learn to use the Piano Roll instead. Many of the top producers can't even read those funny dots never mind writing them ;).

Steve
slipstick wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:02 am
MuseScore or Anvil Studio (both free),
Cant say anything about musescore, but the module for sheet-music in Anvil cost money, fyi.
musikbear wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:52 am
slipstick wrote:
MuseScore or Anvil Studio (both free),
Cant say anything about musescore, but the module for sheet-music in Anvil cost money, fyi.
Only if you want to PRINT sheet music. Musescore will print for nothing, though I'm not keen on the formatting.

But if you just want to enter your music, export to MIDI then load into LMMS then both are completely free.

Steve
slipstick wrote:
Only if you want to PRINT sheet music.
Great info Steve! Will add it to useful resources
My bad, I meant can you make a note sound exactly as it sounds on the sheet music, but in LMMS, (Putting what's on the sheet music manually and tweaking it until it sounds the same). That's about the only way I can think of doing LMMS Remasters of tracks.
Well the easiest way is surely to find a MIDI file of the original song (or enter it in MuseScore/Anvil) and load that into LMMS with a good soundfont. And then you can start messing with the tracks. Unless I still don't understand what you mean. Entering a full score via Piano Roll would take forever.

And you're never going to get LMMS to sound EXACTLY like a full orchestra or a top class instrumentalist etc.

Steve
Ok, that sounds possible. I have some sheet music of Dark Impetus from Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep for the violin, I will try and find the MIDI file for it but Yoko Shimomura's MIDI files and even the sheet music are hard to come by, for some reason. Probably kept under wraps
Ok, I managed to find a MIDI file on MuseScore, what do I do next?
DJStarbreaker wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:54 pm
Ok, I managed to find a MIDI file on MuseScore, what do I do next?
You Import the midi-file in LMMS
File | Import
Each midi-instrument, will be represented in LMMS as one SF2-instrument.
Midi2 effects will be represented by automation tracks in LMMS