How is ZynAddSubFX's SUBsynth useful?

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
So... either I'm doing it wrong, or SUBsynth is completely useless, except in very few cases with percussion. Can you help me out here?
zasfx is a outstanding synth. In fact, its an amazing synth. But its also a very complex synth.
a lot of the things you have default in other synths, but also things that you cant touch, they are inside the 'black box', those things you have full access to in zasfx -but you need to know about them, and know how to use them.
Sub-synth can give more 'depth' in an instrument, especially in the bass freq.
I must admit, i dont use it regular, but because it is zasfx its there, and so is everything else also :p
OT.
The PAD synth however is a totally different beast!
PAD does btw not mean 'use for pads', but stands for Pauls AdDitive synth.
Poul Nesca got industry wide acclaim, for this nowel synth method, unfortunately, it is difficult to program, because new harmonics needs to build for every touch of a controller
Yeah, I use ADDsynth and PADsynth a lot, but I've literally never used SUBsynth in a song. It's looking like it's for generating white noise and subtracting harmonics from it, but I haven't managed to pull any decent sounds out of it. I've never seen it used, except in a few of Unfa's songs for percussion.

"Sub-synth can give more 'depth' in an instrument, especially in the bass freq."

Can you elaborate a bit? Do you have any preset examples?
Douglas wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:47 pm
Can you elaborate a bit?
theoretical yes
You propl know that in reality there is only one oscillation form: Sine.
All other wave-forms are math-variations of this sine.
A few has been given own names, like saw triangel square aso.
The sub-synth shall theoretical be able to subtract user-selected sine elements, from any waveform, so fi subtract higher frequencies from bass-profiles.
This again should result in less frequency-fighting, and hence a cleaner sound.
In reality, it is darn hard to do..
Do you have any preset examples?
Nope, i only have noise generators for effects :p