Music production making order?

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
I just started music production and I am a noob. I was wondering, what order do you usually make all the instruments in? Like do you make the chords or the melody first? I usually make the chords using a pad like synthesizer and make some simple 1/4 note chords, and then make the melody using a pluck like instrument. And finally make a drumbeat, bassline and make a drop. Then use piano for the breaks. Is this how you are supposed to do it? I just make music for fun. Here is an example of my music(keep in mind it is really bad :( :lol: https://soundcloud.com/user-543663777-2 ... /mybadsong :lol:

Thank you :-).
In my case, I make my music, in no particular order.

In some of my tracks, the melody was made first. Then everything else afterwards.
In other tracks, it's the bass melody that was made first. And then the rest of the track came after.
Sometimes, it would be the pads, that is made first and that inspires everything afterwards.

In other words, the first thing that I imagine, is in most cases, what I create first. :D

Also, concerning your track, it doesn't sound bad at all. You did good work with it.

PS: Welcome to the forums AverageMusicKid.
brandystarbrite wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:51 am
In my case, I make my music, in no particular order.

In some of my tracks, the melody was made first. Then everything else afterwards.
In other tracks, it's the bass melody that was made first. And then the rest of the track came after.
Sometimes, it would be the pads, that is made first and that inspires everything afterwards.

In other words, the first thing that I imagine, is in most cases, what I create first. :D

Also, concerning your track, it doesn't sound bad at all. You did good work with it.

PS: Welcome to the forums AverageMusicKid.
Thank you :-). I will try to do it from now on :D :D :D