Newcleus jam on it

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
Thank you, still learning a lot, but I am getting a ska piano in my lmms.
My feelings, make me think something went wrong. :)
Last week somebody made a ska ( piano ) file, and named it: for gps.

I don't get why it did not got overwritten though ?

About span:
I am gonna see what Linux option there are, other wise I might even boot windows for it.

I also edited my previous post, sonic visualizer is there for Windows and Linux.
For the picture I showed, you need the Vamp plugins.
Some Vamp plugins also work in Audacity, but not the ones showing a piano roll like note pattern, those need sonic visualizer.

Not sure I want to try to compile that program myself again.

If I am gonna compile a program it will be LMMS rc3.
I had a lot of Linux update trouble, because I wanted to keep the self compiled rc 2.5
On the bright site, I still should have all or most files installed, I need to compile LMMS.
Maybe tomorrow or one of the next days.
Gps wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:19 pm

Wooah! I wonder who made it? :o
As for the overwritten part, that sounds like quite a mystery. :o
Gps wrote:

brandystarbrite wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:33 am
Wooah! I wonder who made it? :o
As for the overwritten part, that sounds like quite a mystery. :o
Look no more guys, here is the beast, dolorem ipsum! 8-)

:lol:

:|

Hum, I don't understand the meaning of "I do not get why it did not get overwritten though?".

Do you want me to delete the file?
Gps wrote:
Aaaaand there has been some messup on my side, so i linked the w r o n g file
Here is the file for your syncopation

Attachments

The file you made for me is already saved at my pc. ;)

Musicbear also attached a file to his post. I however do not get that file, but again get the file you uploaded.

I suspect this happens because musicbear named the file the same as you.
But because of this I would expect that file would be overwritten.

I think we stumbled on a forum bug,

I have not given up on ska, but have taken a small break from it.

In the past I often got frustrated, when trying to make music, these days I try to take a break before I get upset.
Then let that project rest for a few days, and continue on something else in between.

I need to learn more about ska drums, but also about drum patterns in general.

An example on how I get frustrated.
I watched a vid of a drummer doing a ska drum pattern. but then I fail horrible at doing the same in LMMS.
Instead of staying calm, I then often get angry. ( mostly at my self for failing )
musikbear wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:22 pm
Gps wrote:
Aaaaand there has been some messup on my side, so i linked the w r o n g file
Here is the file for your syncopation
And thank you.

You're file totally surprises me, just two rows of notes, but my ears tell me its very close or the same as what the newclues did.

I also copied youre part and then made the velocity the same on all notes, and listened to the difference, between the two versions. Very interesting, most of the effect of this melody, dies if you give all notes the same velocity.
Gps wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:59 pm
The file you made for me is already saved at my pc. ;)

Musicbear also attached a file to his post. I however do not get that file, but again get the file you uploaded.

I suspect this happens because musicbear named the file the same as you.
But because of this I would expect that file would be overwritten.
Now I understand better.

Gps wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:59 pm
In the past I often got frustrated, when trying to make music, these days I try to take a break before I get upset.
Then let that project rest for a few days, and continue on something else in between.

I need to learn more about ska drums, but also about drum patterns in general.
When I've read that you're bothering yourself when you can not reproduce the complexity of a drummer's play, or that of any musician manipulating an instrument other than synth (via mouse or QWERTY / MIDI keyboard), I found myself in these words.

But I would like to remind you an obvious fact, a drummer will take 10 seconds to play a 10 second sequence, whereas it will take 1 hour, 2 hours, 10 hours to program such a sequence because:

- we do not tap on a battery,
- we are not drummer,
- we do not have the gesture of a drummer (whose physical possibilities and limits explain fairly well the rhythmic rendering),

Obviously, a guitar does not sound like a trumpet, a guitarist does not play like a trumpeter, LMMS is not a drums and we do not play like a drummer.

However, if we are not able to get what a drummer gets, the reverse is also true. We can play percussion in a way that no percussionist can reproduce.

Why should we play in a "realistic" way, considering "realistic" what can be achieved by "traditional" instruments?
Synthes allow to play "unrealistic" things, and this can be exploited.

End of my useless blah blah :lol:
Well last time I got upset, the drummer in the vid, claims to play just straight 1/8.

That is something that lmms or any computer program is very good at.

I am willing to bet allot that he is not playing straight 1/8 or he has a different definition of what straight means. :P

Ska almost ever has this hihat patern what definitely is not just all the same velocity / loudness / spaces.

I also learned something new, it also depends on were you hit the hi hat, are you hitting the bell ?
When the drummer in the vid was talking about the bell, I at first was looking for a bell, then realized he was hitting a part of the hi hat that is called the bell.

There are a lot of online tutorials, but for drums most tutorials are not helping me, because they are not about, on how to do this in a daw.
Gps wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:46 pm
I also learned something new, it also depends on were you hit the hi hat, are you hitting the bell ?
When the drummer in the vid was talking about the bell, I at first was looking for a bell, then realized he was hitting a part of the hi hat that is called the bell.
Oooooh! So the bell, is actually a certain part of the hihat. :o
Now that explains everything.
I believe one of the hi hat samples in lmms, has that hit the bell part of the hi hat sound.