Soundfont suggestions for replicating this violin?

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
Hi.

I started composing a violin song on a browser-based software but discovered the software is limited - playback is glitchy and it doesn't even offer the lowest violin notes - so I'm switching to LMMS. After trying a number of soundfonts, however, I'm having trouble finding one that matches. They all sound very different. You can listen to my song here and you'll see the violin is quite distinctive:

http://onlinesequencer.net/588441

I believe someone from that website said their violin sound was from the Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra soundfont, but if so then it must have been seriously edited (I think the term is instrument preset), and this preset isn't available for download (and doesn't cover the lowest notes anyways).

If the violin sound you heard in that link isn't the normal sound of a violin and must be made with a preset, any suggestions as to which directions I should search in for making such a preset? I experimented with all the more basic effects such as reverb but couldn't come close to replicating the sound.

Or even better, do you know of a specific soundfont that would fit the bill?

Thanks a lot for any help!
AndrewD wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:10 am
I started composing a violin song on a browser-based software but discovered the software is limited
First its not a violin. Its a cello, and they comes in various 'forms'
2. -its not one, its an ensample -eg more instruments than one -Think 2 cellos one viola or 3 cellos. That creates the 'chorus'-feel. Then there is lots of reverb.
The actual preset could be real samples. It sounds good.
So replicate..
You can never carbon-copy! You should also know, that what you hear, is not what everyone else hear. The output depends on each users hw!
(Thats why peps says that only a live-concert is the real mcCoy, buuut then nasty peeps, says njeaaa.. the anatomy of the ear, even the outer ear actually mean, that every person hear different than the next.. so... (not even identical twins.. nvm.. 8)
What you should aim for is good sound, not carbon-copy
So find good cellos and or violas, and build a trio or quintet fine ensemble