Apple pro / con in LMMS?

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
Hi, I recently got hold of an early 2011 17 inch MacBook Pro with a quad core i7.
Today I use an HP EliteBook from 2009 equipped with an double core i5.

I'm planning to get a ssd and 8gb more of ram to the MacBook and then using it instead of the PC.

Do you have any advices?
/Göran
GoAm wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:34 am
Do you have any advices?
Well 'Advice' is a bit rich, because it goes: Dont!
LMMS does only support MAC in wip quality. Theres no VST support, and several issues exists with export and other things as well. MAC is only partly supported.
Well LMMS is free so no risk trying it. If you are buying the hardware just to get LMMS then you should think about it a little longer. Just try out all the daws you can and then decide on one.
OK, thanks for information.
Due to the price for the laptop (~45€) it's hard to say no (no, it's not stolen ;) ).

I'll probably have to go for another DAW after approx. 2 years of using LMMS even if it hurts.
It's hard moving on though since I've really found LMMS to be a very flexible and competent tool.
On top of that I've liked you guys at the forum where I've had the possibility to share my music and get good advices in production questions.
I can only wish it will be fully supported for Mac some day and I will/can come back and use it again. :)

I will however keep my account at this page and keep me updated on the progress.
Good luck in making LMMS the best open source DAW on the planet!

P.S. I still have my PC laptop around and will probably share at least one more production with you guys before I move on with the MacBook and another hopefully as competent DAW as LMMS. ;)
BQQM wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:12 pm
Just try out all the daws you can and then decide on one.
I've already looked at R..per, will test it and see how it goes.