Unknown Noise Interferance

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
Hi team, I have been trying to use filters like hard limiter and multibandeq to remove some frequencies however, from somewhere an unknown noise or sound tear is coming even when limiter is set -10db and eq -70 of respective synths and their frequencies, I started and deleted almost 4 projects out of frustation, when I disable all the filters everything goes smooth again. Any solution? I cannot play drums with synths because of this tear. Not only this, when I play just drums even with -10db hard limiter, I see volume tear arbitrarily with master volume as low as 30%.
I never noticed the problem you're talking about.

It hurts to erase a project because of artifacts.
Sometimes, LowPass and / or HighPass "fixes" the problem.
Sometimes it is enough to disable the problematic effect (I prefer this solution to that of deleting a project).

My comment that follows is off topic (but it's good to know).

About the Multiband EQ:
- The simple addition of a Multiband EQ slightly increases the amplitude of any signal.
- The simple addition of a Multiband EQ delays any signal by a few ms, this is enough to be heard (moreover, it is not the only effect that delays the signal).
- Sometimes, the Multiband EQ (among a chain of effects) caused me problem when there was high amplitude ultrasound (at least, I think that is what happens above 20kHz which makes part of the problem): horrible distortions to hear appeared ... The only solutions that worked: Low Pass at 20 kHz (or less) or deactivation of the effect.

About the Crossover Distortion:
This effect systematically generates a continuous infrasound close to 0 Hz after processing any signal (never during). Using a HighPass at 20 Hz can mask the problem. But this artefact only stops when the W / D is reset to 0 (this can be for a very short time, via automation), or when the effect is turned off. This artefact is not audible (at least, I do not hear it).

Sometimes, infrasound near 0 Hz appear as a result of what happens above 20 khz (I do not understand this). In such cases, the use of a High-Pass at 20 Hz (for example) does not mask the problem. On the other hand, a LowPass at 20 kHz solves the problem (or at least masks the problem).

The exponential and Moog waveforms generate an infrasound close to 0 Hz. A HighPass at 20 Hz solves the problem (or at least masks or alleviates the problem, if it is considered as a probleme, of course).
Hi, thanks for the help, it did help like 75%, but as I am progressing and adding more synths it still bounces arbitrarily. Thing is that the tear is not in any pattern, it is random; for ex when I am listening to a loop, it doesnt come at first but in the second or third repeat, I guess multiple amplitudes are adding up.
D.Ipsum wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:09 am
I never noticed the problem you're talking about.

It hurts to erase a project because of artifacts.
Sometimes, LowPass and / or HighPass "fixes" the problem.
Sometimes it is enough to disable the problematic effect (I prefer this solution to that of deleting a project).

My comment that follows is off topic (but it's good to know).

About the Multiband EQ:
- The simple addition of a Multiband EQ slightly increases the amplitude of any signal.
- The simple addition of a Multiband EQ delays any signal by a few ms, this is enough to be heard (moreover, it is not the only effect that delays the signal).
- Sometimes, the Multiband EQ (among a chain of effects) caused me problem when there was high amplitude ultrasound (at least, I think that is what happens above 20kHz which makes part of the problem): horrible distortions to hear appeared ... The only solutions that worked: Low Pass at 20 kHz (or less) or deactivation of the effect.

About the Crossover Distortion:
This effect systematically generates a continuous infrasound close to 0 Hz after processing any signal (never during). Using a HighPass at 20 Hz can mask the problem. But this artefact only stops when the W / D is reset to 0 (this can be for a very short time, via automation), or when the effect is turned off. This artefact is not audible (at least, I do not hear it).

Sometimes, infrasound near 0 Hz appear as a result of what happens above 20 khz (I do not understand this). In such cases, the use of a High-Pass at 20 Hz (for example) does not mask the problem. On the other hand, a LowPass at 20 kHz solves the problem (or at least masks the problem).

The exponential and Moog waveforms generate an infrasound close to 0 Hz. A HighPass at 20 Hz solves the problem (or at least masks or alleviates the problem, if it is considered as a probleme, of course).
Hi, thanks for the help, the problem is random generation of signal, yes multiband eq may be at fault here, I have disabled both multi eq and high/ low passes now, tweaking different options. Will try Crossover Distortion too. Thanks.
The reason is that calf multiband eq is broken, and has been broken since 1.02
Remove that
shani wrote: Hi team,
Hi Welcome to the forum ! Here are all our important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
shani wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:52 am
Hi, thanks for the help, the problem is random generation of signal, yes multiband eq may be at fault here, I have disabled both multi eq and high/ low passes now, tweaking different options. Will try Crossover Distortion too. Thanks.
For fast tests, I use the Multiband EQ and the C * Eq (this one cuts the 22 kHz band as a notch, I don't understand why).

Otherwise, I use the TAP Equalizer/BW. I never had any problem with it.

musikbear wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:33 pm
The reason is that calf multiband eq is broken, and has been broken since 1.02
Remove that
I'm surprised to learn that a plugin can be broken.
Do you know what happened?