Save/Export failures !!! Does not save settings (1.1.3)

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
Hi !

I was experimenting on ZynAddSubFX's microtuning function with a .scl file imported from Scala.
It was my first trial of this function and I got all excited to get new note alterations I never knew before.

But for some strange reason, when I save/export my project file, the software forgets to integrate the new scale to the song, and saves as if I kept the original scale...

Knowing that in ZynAddSub FX I make sure to "save all parameters" and "save the new scale".
And the "save al parameters", makes my LMMS freeze for a matter of seconds.

Other problem with ZynAddSubFX : when I close the GUI, it removes my new scale also... Meaning that I have to let the GUI opened for the function to work... Is it normal ?

I also get this saving problem when I try to save/export projects with a different tempo or with a different Sign Rythm (not every occurence though)...

Very strange bug !
Makes me grumpy :'(

Ideas ?
qantuum wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:16 pm
I was experimenting on ZynAddSubFX's microtuning function with a .scl file
Is that supported?
Is it normal ?
Njeaa.. im in doubt here. I have never messed with zasfx microtonals, but i would guess ..no, not normal, but i need to see a demofile with you problem
You can upload a demo right here
I also get this saving problem when I try to save/export projects with a different tempo or with a different Sign Rythm (not every occurence though)...
That is expected to be solved. If you use a steep curve instead of a discreet, then it does save the automation of tempi changes
Hi sir !
Thanks for treating this request, as I'm very disappointed I cannot use this microtonal feature properly.

Unfortunately, my account is not recognized in the LMMS "share" section.
I tried with my forum IDs >>> authentification failure
Tried also creating new IDs >>> authentification failure... And I was surprised that I was not requested my e-mail address.

Well there's still a project file available on my google drive.

When you open it, you can access to the main lead that is microtuned : Strings1.
Just open the ZynAddSubFX GUI, then "scales", you will see the microtuning setting is already saved inside.
But it will actually activate only if you click "retune" and keep the GUI opened.
If you export in .wav you will see like me, that the lead instrument was back to regular scale, for no reason. LMMS just seems to deactivate the scale settings set in ZASFX.

I hope there's a solution and that I've done somethng wrong, else I will have to buy Ableton Live to experiment microtuning... And Ableton is not in my budget yet.

Thanks again.

download project >>> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxopM ... lhrN08wQU0

PS : I also have checked this https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues/1387 but I do not see where my problem is discussed. I think it's a topic about how to improve this feature or something.
PS : I did not know myself that ZynAddSubFX supported microtuning until I found this handy tutorial : http://zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net/doc_2.html > The tutorial is nice, but it does not mention how ZynAddSubFX interacts with LMMS in the workflow.
qantuum wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:27 pm
Hi sir !
Thanks for treating this request, as I'm very disappointed I cannot use this microtonal feature properly.
Yes there is a problem
I can isolate the actual code

Code: Select all

<MICROTONAL>
                    <string name="name">12tET</string>
                    <string name="comment">Equal Temperament 12 notes per octave</string>
                    <par_bool name="invert_up_down" value="no"/>
                    <par name="invert_up_down_center" value="60"/>
                    <par_bool name="enabled" value="yes"/>
                    <par name="global_fine_detune" value="64"/>
                    <par name="a_note" value="69"/>
                    <par_real name="a_freq" value="440"/>
-there are 64 blocks similar to that one, but it does not look like it is changing the default 0-settings as it being loaded.
So currently, microtonal is being saved, but values not loaded, or at least not overruling the default ones. Witch ever is only of coder interest, and need to be analysed.
This will be looked at , but not scheduled
I cant help you more .
sorry.
Hello!

Well, I am not trained at all at coding so I can not make my own mod.

Thanks for pointing out and reporting this problem to the persons who can make a change. I'll wait haha.

During this time I'll carry on working equal 12-temperament music pieces; which is also a challenge.