Quality of vst plugins types and the audio interface

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
adambeneter wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:44 pm
Hello!

What are the differences between vst2/vst3 and 32/64 bit? Are there any changes in quality of them?

Another thing is audio interface i.e. for internal use in DAW, like Focusrite Scarlett Solo. Am i right, that it could show the real quality of a plug with a company of good monitors or headphones? I mean having a good quality instrument and no interface, we can't hear it in the full positive view until we plug in the audio interface? And vice versa, a weak plug may sound well in headphones with no interface, but with an interface we can see it horrible as it is in real. Please tell me is my way of thinking proper.

Regards, Adam
Okay, from what I learnt, from reading about VST2 and VST3 plugins
on the cockos forums:

VST2 can easily be copied, installed and uninstalled/removed.

VST3 plugins, apparently use hardcoded paths and directories and apparently
cannot be easily copied, into a directory of your choice.

Also, check out this interesting conversation, from the Lmms Github:
https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues/3427

PS: To musikbear and others, if the info I read, on the cockus forums
is somehow incorrect in some way, please feel free to tell me. :)
adambeneter wrote:
What are the differences between vst2/vst3 and 32/64 bit? Are there any changes in quality of them?
No differences in sound quality. Some improved facilities in VST3 but not many DAWs yet fully make use of them.
adambeneter wrote:
Another thing is audio interface i.e. for internal use in DAW, like Focusrite Scarlett Solo. Am i right, that it could show the real quality of a plug with a company of good monitors or headphones? I mean having a good quality instrument and no interface, we can't hear it in the full positive view until we plug in the audio interface? And vice versa, a weak plug may sound well in headphones with no interface, but with an interface we can see it horrible as it is in real. Please tell me is my way of thinking proper.
The built-in audio on most computers is not good. Listening through proper monitors and a decent audio interface will let you hear more like the full quality of the sound. It's like the difference between listening to music on your phone vs on a good hi-fi system, And yes the better system may let you hear faults that you don't notice on the poor system.

Steve
Yep. Definitely.
I myself recommend, that you use good speakers or good monitors
over headphones any day. But that choice is up to you. :)