Gross beat & 1/2 speed

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
Hey all,

So I have watched a lot of different beat remakes etc and have noticed a popular effect producers use on other DAWs. (In this case Im talking rap/hip hop)

Now, I am sure this plugin or effect has numerous different uses but the one I was curious about was the "1/2 speed" option. Is there a way to mirror this effect in LMMS?

Essentially my question: Can I create a melody at 140 BPM, 1/2 speed it, but keep the BPM consistent? (Ive watched it been used on samples mostly, but also organic melodies) Feels like a stupid question/not sure if I explained it well..sorry in advance :P

Thanks for the help!
Kaba wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:43 pm
Essentially my question: Can I create a melody at 140 BPM, 1/2 speed it, but keep the BPM consistent?
Well, kind of.
Lmms has the ability to 'scale-stretch' a phrase in piano-roll.
What this feature does is to either 'condense' or 'expand' the notes, not only in length, but also in spacing!
If you have a phrase of ..say 4 bar, and you then scale that phrase to 2 bars, then you would essentially have it going at double speed (and vis a vi, ofcause).
You need to
* select a high Q 1/64 is good
* Mark up the phrase you want to manipulate
* hold sh and use your mouse to drag the notes to a new size.
both size and spacing will change
There is nothing similar to Gross Beat (Big Dick lol) in LMMS.

You can try the following native effects:
- Rate Shifter
- AM pitchshifter
- Higher Quality Pitch Scaler
- Pitch Scaler
- TAP Pitch Shifter

It's different, but you can get good things.
Thanks guys ! I'll play around with some of the ideas you guys gave me...Maybe I'll be able to come up with something dope 8-)