Romplers/Samplers/Sample Players/...

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
Hi, it's now a month ago that I started with lmms. After the straight forward testing instrument plugins I wanted to use samplers/players within LMMS on a Linux computer. I red the LMMS Wiki and followed the discussions in this board. Not very promising.

As I was in doubt that (almost) nothing should work, I tried a lot of samplers in the last weeks. I can agree, I was not able to get Zampler and TX16Wx running on LMMS 1.2-RC5/Wine 3.0/Ubuntu 16.04. Grace started but that's all. I couldn't load any samples. So far I agree with the LMMS Wiki. However, at least ShortCircuit 1 (not 2) worked nicely. And Bliss as LV2.

The relatively new SampleScience Player runs also very stably, but the knobs that you can use within the plugin do not show up in the external menu. And finally sforzando. My favorite. It works fine, the knobs show up and can be controlled externally. IMO a clear candidate for a "green label" in the wiki.

Added: I did not try Kontakt (5) Player on Linux but contrary to the statement in the LMMS Wiki it works fine in LMMS on Windows.
Son of a Pitch wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:14 pm
use samplers/players : Not very promising.
True, its a drag :'/
I tried a lot of samplers in the last weeks
Zampler is dodgy, i got a serious malwarening, and my remoteVstpluging.dll, was quantitated. I had to do fiddles to fix it !
at least ShortCircuit 1 (not 2) worked nicely. And Bliss as LV2.
Ok, but thats on linux, and it is known
The relatively new SampleScience Player runs also very stably
Interesting, i will test.
sforzando. a clear candidate for a "green label" in the wiki.
For linux, yes
Added: I did not try Kontakt (5) Player on Linux but contrary to the statement in the LMMS Wiki it works fine in LMMS on Windows.
It may on RC5, i have not yet tested it.
The list of 'greens' are actually a bit moronic. I estimate that 85%+ of all VST instruments works on lmms. Thats why we have the 'dont-list', because it makes much more sense to list those that does not, and to clean those away, when lmms updates. :')

At the moment lmms does not have a True sampler
True-sampler defined as a plugin, that will take one sound-file, stretch that file over n octaves, and play the sample in correct length, and pitch.