Adding 808 sub baseline

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
I use several different daws for production and recording, but I always have a hard time with the sub bass. I typically prefer a mellow 808 that knocks around 250 -300mghz but most of the time I will have a good song ready just without a sub baseline so I was wondering what is the best way to add parts to a song from different daws pre and post fader also I would greatly appreciate any tips for baselines
Slicfromateam wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:42 am
what is the best way to add parts to a song from different daws pre and post fader
Im not clear with what you mean with 'pre and post fader', but for lmms there is only one interchangeable format, and that is midi.
You need to use the RC5 version, in order to get midi exports
also I would greatly appreciate any tips for baselines
You can compress the baseline against an other instrument, with that you will force equal strength between those instruments. Otherwise i would say EQing, but that you know about(?)
Im not strong in sub-bass' so maby others should chime in
I guess I wasn't very clear was I lol. I mean I have a few songs that are in various stages of production and or mastering, but I am stumped when it comes to sub baselines so how would I go about creating a baseline in another program and adding it to a beat? And still open to tips and suggestions for baselines
I'm still confused. What does an 808 have to do with basslines (note spelling!)? A TR808 is a drum machine.

Oh and sub-bass tends to be around 20-60 Hz (not megahertz, that's very high radio frequency). 250-300Hz is low mid range, nowhere near sub-bass.

Several of the standard LMMS instruments can produce pretty good sounds in the sub-bass range e.g. Triple Osc, ZASFX, Watsyn and of course LB302 which is a simplified TB303 (and that was a bass synth). An LB302 using the Moog waveform with a bit of added distortion does a reasonable job. So why do you need to import a bassline from another program?

Steve
OK I'll try to articulate my question more clearly. In some genres of hip hop an 808 bass drum is layered along with the kicks yet still has its own pattern. The decay is super long so they are more like a bass synth rather than a drum hit. They are tuned and placed in the sub frequency range but are ofteen pitched with slides forming a baseline since they can be tuned to your desire. Although I'm not into trap the 808 bd is used in it extensively. I apologize for the grammatical errors I'm using a new tablet. Also my initial question was more geared forward adding a part to a beat from a different daw or multiple parts from multiple daws
Slicfromateam wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:05 pm
OK I'll try to articulate my question more clearly..............

Also my initial question was more geared forward adding a part to a beat from a different daw or multiple parts from multiple daws
Okay. Thanks for explaining more clearly.
I think one good way to do what you want to do, would be to export the
melody or beat, into an audio format eg. wav. or ogg. etc. and then import that audio file, into the other DAW.

Also, make sure that the beat/melody that you want to use, has the correct tempo, before exporting.
Because if the beat made in daw 1, has a tempo of 140 bpm and in your
other daw aka. daw 2, the entire track is at 146 bpm, the beat audio file
from daw 1, will play slower in your track, which was made in daw 2.
So make sure, both daws, are running at the the same tempo.
Daw 1 = 146
Daw 2 = 146

Slicfromateam wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:05 pm
I apologize for the grammatical errors I'm using a new tablet.
No worries. I'm using a tablet to write this post. So I know it can be difficult
sometimes.