Free VST Plug-Ins For Trance & House Music?

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
As the title says, I'm looking for a free, CPU-friendly synth for LMMS that can be used for leads, plucks and stuff. I currently have T-Force Alpha Plus as well as Synth1. I am open to any suggestions.
Khron0 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:47 am
I am open to any suggestions.
You already got thé one Synth1
Imho the best of the best
Right beside it, another one you also already got: zynAddSubFX (zasfx) -Do not underestimate zasfx!
Give it this treatment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mFHDyWGh9c
-and it can do wonders!
So can our 3Oc
So you really only need something for 'strange' pads
Alionoctis could be a good choice
http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?id=589
A final advice would be: few VSTs know to the core is better that a lot known sparsely.
Besides that, since you are new here-
Welcome to the forum Khron0 !
Here are all important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
musikbear wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:21 pm
Khron0 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:47 am
I am open to any suggestions.
You already got thé one Synth1
Imho the best of the best
Right beside it, another one you also already got: zynAddSubFX (zasfx) -Do not underestimate zasfx!
Give it this treatment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mFHDyWGh9c
-and it can do wonders!
So can our 3Oc
So you really only need something for 'strange' pads
Alionoctis could be a good choice
http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?id=589
A final advice would be: few VSTs know to the core is better that a lot known sparsely.
Besides that, since you are new here-
Welcome to the forum Khron0 !
Here are all important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
Thank you for the suggestion. I actually know the capabilities of Synth1 and 3xOsc(Used FL Studio Demo in the past) and already know how to create stuff with it. For the SynAddSubFX, i've heard a lot about it(which is why im trying LMMS) but still trying to get the hang with it. Imma check out Alionoctis and thank you for the warm welcome. Looking forward to working with you again. And BTW the Trance Im trying to do is one not that driven with pads.
Well, you got two of the best, Synth 1 and T. Force Alpha.
Two good trance sound making vst plugins.
I'd say, that you got everything covered already.
What more do you need there? Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! :D
brandystarbrite wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:29 pm
Yeah, I pretty much know how to use them yet I still feel a bit unsatisfied with them which is why I asked.
Khron0 wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:22 am
brandystarbrite wrote:
Yeah, I pretty much know how to use them yet I still feel a bit unsatisfied with them which is why I asked.
Yeah, I felt the same way years ago.
The good thing is, you can create a ton of cool sounds, with just those two plugins.

Oh, and there is also, another vst similar to those two, called Oatmeal.
Yeah, believe it or not, that's the name of it. :lol:
brandystarbrite wrote:
Yeah, I felt the same way years ago.
The good thing is, you can create a ton of cool sounds, with just those two plugins.
As a new producer, I still have bits of having the mindset of "MORE PLUGINS = BETTER PRODUCTION" and I'm doing my best with what I have now. And I am actually doing good work as of now. I have created a soundbank of my own for T Force Alpha Plus and I am really proud with the stuff I did. :)

brandystarbrite wrote:
Oh, and there is also, another vst similar to those two, called Oatmeal.
Yeah, believe it or not, that's the name of it. :lol:
I took a look at it and I can see why It can be named :ugeek: Oatmeal. It definitely is a good subtractive/analogue synth yet the only drawback for me is it's GUI otherwise it is a great plug-in. Thanks for the suggestion.
Khron0 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:50 pm
For the SynAddSubFX, i've heard a lot about it(which is why im trying LMMS) but still trying to get the hang with it. Imma check out Alionoctis and thank you for the warm welcome. Looking forward to working with you again. And BTW the Trance Im trying to do is one not that driven with pads.
ZynaddsubFx is awesome, but its not easy to use, especially when you're new to it.

I am starting to understand some of it, but there is still allot I don't know about that synth.

It seems to have an almost unlimited amount of things to tune.
Gps wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:35 pm
ZynaddsubFx is awesome, but its not easy to use, especially when you're new to it.
I fully agree. Zyn is great but not intuitive at all. It takes months (or even years) to understand it. BTW, there were rumours about integrating the more user-friendly ZynaddsubFx3/ZynFusion in a future version of lmms.

My favorite synth is still Helm (the one fron OSC90, two years ago). This is a synth easy to use for newbies once you get it running. It's still listed as "no go" for windows, so it can make problems. But I have it running on both windows and linux fulfilling all 5 test criteria.

I also took a look to the last month OSC Synth called fathom and was impressed by the OSC results. But this one doesn't seem to collaborate with lmms sufficiently (not working on "my" windows; working, but no external knob control in linux)
Son of a Pitch wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:34 pm
My favorite synth is still Helm This is a synth easy to use for newbies once you get it running. It's still listed as "no go" for windows, so it can make problems. But I have it running on both windows and linux fulfilling all 5 test criteria.
Woot! I cant- But the reason could be this, i drag of your post:
(the one from OSC90, two years ago).
That one! Maby that earlier version, is better in lmms, than the one currently available for dl!
Interesting.