Trap Melody

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
Hello guys,

I make trap beats, and when it comes to the melody, mine seem a bit stale to me. Are there any rules or tips for making trap melodies (for stacking octaves, multiple melodies and so on)?
flaggy148 wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 7:47 am
Hello guys
Hi- Welcome to the forum flaggy148 !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
Are there any rules or tips for making trap melodies
Generally music has no 'rules', not even 'stay in scale' is a 100%'er (But close..!)
The best thing you can do, is to listen to a lot of the genre you like, and want to work in. Break down the songs, and understand the structure of the genre!
Structure is important! Learn how many beats the best ones uses for various parts, and try to reconstruct some of the melodies you like most. Learn where notes at placed, to give the correct rhythm, that belongs to the genre. Maby you can even find a midi-file of one of the most popular. If so you can really study the usage of notes and chords.
A shorter version - It takes time and effort, and you need to study.
musikbear wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 12:05 pm
flaggy148 wrote:
Hello guys
Hi- Welcome to the forum flaggy148 !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
Are there any rules or tips for making trap melodies
Generally music has no 'rules', not even 'stay in scale' is a 100%'er (But close..!)
The best thing you can do, is to listen to a lot of the genre you like, and want to work in. Break down the songs, and understand the structure of the genre!
Structure is important! Learn how many beats the best ones uses for various parts, and try to reconstruct some of the melodies you like most. Learn where notes at placed, to give the correct rhythm, that belongs to the genre. Maby you can even find a midi-file of one of the most popular. If so you can really study the usage of notes and chords.
A shorter version - It takes time and effort, and you need to study.
Hello musikbear

Thanks for your feedback and tips! That was originally what I thought, but I wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing out on some basic stuff.
Anyhow, thank you again for your support.
flaggy148 wrote:
Hello guys,

I make trap beats, and when it comes to the melody, mine seem a bit stale to me. Are there any rules or tips for making trap melodies (for stacking octaves, multiple melodies and so on)?
Hello and welcome to the lmms forums flaggy148.

One of the best people, to ask questions pertaining to trap music
is an lmms user called Leche.
He normally posts his music, in the music projects section of the forum.
most trap beats follow sampling a single catchy melody, but if your trying to compose yourself, still try to sample specific sounds and use a wide range of them to best figure out the melody you want.

then figure out multiple versions of the melody. in the end you can have one simple version for the intro, and two more complex/intense versions to alternate between for the verses

and always remember to use voicetags