MIDI File child in time

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
Lets start, by saying I am having fun, while trying to cover child in time - deep Purple.

The thing that bothers me, and I would like to hear yours opinions on this.

To know what notes to use, I use a midi file. The bpm of that file is 60 bpm.

My version starts at 120 bpm.

The thing confusing me, when I make all notes twice as long, and also the spaces twice as long, compared to the midi file, it does not sound right.
I need to do allot of fiddling and trying again and again to make it sound right.

What could be the reason for this ?

Let me make clear, I don really have a problem, but I am asking this out of curiosity.
I like always refuse to copy notes from a midi file and use them, thats one reason why I am at a different bpm.
From just copy pasting, I wont learn anything. :)
Gps wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 11:57 am
To know what notes to use, I use a midi file. The bpm of that file is 60 bpm.
My version starts at 120 bpm.
I cant be sure, but it would really be a surprise, if the midi-file does not change that bpm 60 to other values, over the track. Play it in Anvil and keep ...track of the BPM, I bet you, its not static
I will have another look at the midi file, but I already know you're right.

From the top of the head I do not know how it speeds up ( in steps or slowly increasing) , but the bpm is not static over the entire track. :)

I try to always start and end at 0, 2,4,6 blocks, but for some notes, that just does not work. ( Q = 1/32)

Right now I am struggling at 30 sec in, so I started to use vlc, while lowering the speed, twice. :)

I am not 100% sure yet, but it seems at this point, the midi file does not do exactly what john lord did. :)
I looked at my file and the midi file, and its funny.

Mine is not at 120 as I thought, its at 118.
The midi file starts at 60, which to me is a tad too fast.

But even the midi file has notes in places you would not "expect". ( syncopated)

I am now 100% sure the midi file is a bit different at 0.35 sec, then the original I know so well.
Another challenge :P
Gps wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 1:47 pm
I am now 100% sure the midi file is a bit different at 0.35 sec, then the original I know so well.
Another challenge :P
Oooh! So what you're saying, is that the placement of the notes and timing in the midi file
is apparently different, from the original tune? Gasp! :o

The part after the mouse pointer, those 10 notes, John Lord does something different, then as far as I can tell the midi file does the same again. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfAWReBmxEs

at 0.34 in.

This is what I have now, not right yet, but closer then the midi file, to what john lord does.

I have limped to 50 sec in.

Maybe the midi file was right after all.

Although , I now have the first piece of John Lord in, it still needs a lot of fine tuning.

I lost the timing. After about 40 sec, the right hand goes out of sync with the left hand so to say. :P

That will need more studying, listening to the origenal,