LMM complete noob here; do you need any other equipment?

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
Hey all, just got here and I'm not sure is this the right board or is it even ok to ask this so I am sorry if I made a mistake but I just downloaded LMMS and it looks pretty fun to me but considering the fact that I cannot afford any of the musical equipment I just came here to ask can you make music without the fancy instruments or such or should I just drop it? Thanks a lot, once again sorry if it's in a wrong board. :) :)
Nerkec wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 3:01 am
Hey all,
Hi! Welcome to the forum Nerkec !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
I am sorry if I made a mistake
You may ask anything here i forum, the Q may fit better in 'General', but that no big deal at all :')
can you make music without the fancy instruments
Yes! You do not need anything at all besides your pc-keyboard, and a mouse!
Some buy MIDI-keyboards, so they get the full 'Mozart-experience', but it is not needed at all!
If you never saw a DAW before, Perhaps my LMMS rookie-guide can interest you? Link in signature.
As musicbear said, you don't need anything.

Things you might wanna get when you have some money.

Good speakers and maybe a simple midi keyboard.

For me its easier to improvise on a midi keyboard, then delete all the crap and keep the good parts.

Welcome to the forum.
musikbear wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 1:38 pm
Nerkec wrote:
Hey all,
Hi! Welcome to the forum Nerkec !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
I am sorry if I made a mistake
You may ask anything here i forum, the Q may fit better in 'General', but that no big deal at all :')
can you make music without the fancy instruments
Yes! You do not need anything at all besides your pc-keyboard, and a mouse!
Some buy MIDI-keyboards, so they get the full 'Mozart-experience', but it is not needed at all!
If you never saw a DAW before, Perhaps my LMMS rookie-guide can interest you? Link in signature.
Thanks a lot,the fact that you do not need any equipment is really nice because I honestly cannot afford anything now lol! I will make sure to check out your youtube channel! Thanks for the warm welcome! :)
Gps wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 2:15 pm
As musicbear said, you don't need anything.

Things you might wanna get when you have some money.

Good speakers and maybe a simple midi keyboard.

For me its easier to improvise on a midi keyboard, then delete all the crap and keep the good parts.

Welcome to the forum.
I don't think I'll be able to get anything for a pretty long time but thanks for the warm welcome!
Nerkec wrote:
Hey all, just got here and I'm not sure is this the right board or is it even ok to ask this so I am sorry if I made a mistake but I just downloaded LMMS and it looks pretty fun to me but considering the fact that I cannot afford any of the musical equipment I just came here to ask can you make music without the fancy instruments or such or should I just drop it? Thanks a lot, once again sorry if it's in a wrong board. :) :)
Welcome to the Lmms Forums Nerkec.
Learn how to make some synth sounds, and you'll be okay for now. :D