Remix

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
is it possible to publish remixes?

Davide
dave30814 wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:19 pm

Davide
Hello.
When you say publish remixes, could you go into a bit more detail, as to what you mean? :)
I mean , I take the voice (acappella edition of a song i like) and put my Lmms track on It.
Davide
Davide
dave30814 wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:19 pm
Yes it is, but it will COST you serious money!
The rules now for Sampling, is that you must have the orr. artist agreeing to your usage of the orr 'sound'
I recently saw a very interesting program, that focused on the 90' and the 'Sampling producers'. One thing that was said, was that the Sampling and usage of AxelF, had brought the orr. artist 3 times the revenue, that they had on the first huge success of the song!

Sampling is BIG business, and its really only artists that has $ to burn, that can afford using Sampled sounds..

That said, you can find fine acapellas on pages where singers want to have exposure, and they have 'royalty free' songs you can dl
OBS
'Royalty-free' mean they do not mind you use their voice, that does not mean you can use the song royalty-free!!
So even if your sister can sing 'let-it-bee', you cant publish that without consent from Beatles Estate. (Lawyers lurking beware minefields...)
According to aforementioned program- Moby, who was one of the most rigorous Sampler of all time, Said: Sampling one artists these days, cost more than he ever had paid, for all the samples he has ever used! He also said that its only 'artist's like kanye, that can afford to use Sampling!
Musikbear, Thanks for the info,

I mean publish only here in the LMMS forum the link of my sound cloud remixes, like any personal song, only to share some sounds and ideas, is it possible without risk to pay any royalties?

Bye
Davide